1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD copies and a new TV

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cmags, Feb 14, 2005.

1. cmags

cmags Member

i have been watching my movies on a 4:3 27' with very good quality. i have purchased a wide screen tv and i cant resize the copied movie to fit the full screen. is there a way to fix this or is this what i get with a copy . also the quality is poorer, should i burn at a slower speed?

2. cmags

cmags Member

i have been watching my movies on a 4:3 27' with very good quality. i have purchased a wide screen tv and i cant resize the copied movie to fit the full screen. is there a way to fix this or is this what i get with a copy . also the quality is poorer, should i burn at a slower speed?

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

So is this the same copy of the movie that you are watching on the new TV?

Is the movie in 4:3 or widescreen format? (ie. On the old TV did it have black lines on the top/bottom?)

Your new TV remote should have a button to adjust the display... note that this can only stretch or zoom in/out on the picture.

If the quality is poorer, but you are using the same DVD which looked ok on your old TV, then the new TV must be big enough to see the faults now!

Adder.

4. cmags

cmags Member

i used the same copied dvd on both tv. the format for the dvd was widescreen so on the 4:3 tv i got a letterbox apperance with lines. i got the same letterbox on the new 16:9 tv and was unable to stretch or zoom the copies like i can originals. the tv is 53' so i can now see the faults.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

May ask the bran of TV you have? Because my Pioneer 60" wide screen auto adjust's for the movie to fit perfectly. Also now that you have a bigger TV may I suggest you only copy the main movie with no extras this way you get a near perfect 1:1 copy and won't be able to tell the difference in quality :)

6. cmags

cmags Member

i have a panasonic 53' widescreen hdtv.i have been burning movie only, so i guess i need to play with write speed and discs( been using 8x memorex) to improve quality. again the problem is with my copies i cant zoom or resize the image on the screen i just get letter box. with my originals i can resize. is it something in the burning/ripping process? the tv? or perhaps my player?(i am using the bose 321 )

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

There is your problem with the bad picture quality MEMOREX!! Thats probably the worst media money can buy!!
    If you have a 53" (not a 53ft LOL)TV and want good quality I would recommend you buy a better quality media TAIYO YUDEN!
    check here http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-4x-dvd-r-media-silver-matte-spindles.html

With better media I am sure you will see a better quality picture. As far as you not beeing able to watch your movies on the full screen on your widescreen TV I am a little puzzled by this because mine plays them perfectly. It may be something you have to set on your TV read threw the owners manual and make sure everything is set right would be my suggestion. Ther shouldnt be anything different you have to do in your backing up process if you are backing up the widescreen versions. Maybe someone else here has that same TV and can help you out a little more. :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005