1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd copies are scrambling

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by adrock702, Feb 2, 2005.

1. adrock702

adrock702 Member

I have been copying dvd's for a while now and haven't had any problems playing them on my dvd player. I also use labels on them. I recently send my brother a few copies I had made for him and about half way through, the movie starts getting scrambled. Is there something I can do to fix that problem? I've heard the labels may have something to do with it but I have never had a problem playing them on other dvd players. I use Clonedvd and Anydvd to burn them. Could it be copying from a copied movie? Also, I heard that If other programs are running when you copy a dvd that it could cause interference, is that True? What can I do to fix this problem. Thanks

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hello adrock702--
    Several things to remember when doing backups that are playable in most DVD players-(However there are players that just will not play burned disks)For the best chance of them working--use high quality media--ie.Sony, Verbatim datalife, most disks made in Japan--Not memorex--Also, labels definately can cause the problem, also never burn faster than 4x--some people even insist on 2.4x--AND EXTREMELY IMPORTANT--never use your computer for anything else when you are making
    a backup--your computer needs all its resources when working on a backup DVD--I think you will find that your DVD's will be much more playable in stand alone DVD players if you follow this advice--Good Luck

Whitfield