1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Copies Seem to burn only half way

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JohnCue, Jan 11, 2005.

1. JohnCue

JohnCue Guest

Hello,

I have been burning my DVDs using DVD Shrink alone although I have DVDDecrypter, DVDShrink was able to do the whole process (ripping, encoding, buring).

Recently I have notied that the copies I have been making (about 20 out of 75) only have about half the movie on them. I do re-author and burn only the main movie. I've used differnt media types: Maxell, Fuji, Sony, and I have tried to play the "bad copies" on other dvd player besides my own.

Still, half of the movie is one the disc. You can even see it when you look at the disc itself. I do not get any error message from DVDShrink. It says it's completed and ejects the disc when finished. The only way I know it's bad is when I look at the disc and or play it in a DVD player.

I have a Sony DDU1621DVD Rom drive and a Sony DRU-540A dvd burner (both old about a year old).
    My PC is a 3.0mhz P4 with 2 gigs of ram and a total of 520 gigs of harddrive space. But still I do not multitask when ripping & burning.

I hope I covered everything. I've been reading the forums and I think I've tried just about everything you guys offered other people.

Once again, some movies copy fine and some don't.
    It's a crap shot and I can't tell if it burns fully until done. Help, please.
    Thanks,
    John

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

You're not multi-tasking are you? Try uninstalling and reinstalling DVD Shrink and any other programs you are using to rip/encode/burn. Have you updated firmware on your burner? Almost sounds to me like a burner problem, since you mentioned you tried many types of software. I'm not sure though, as this has never happened to me and I've had nothing but good results using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter.

3. JohnCue

JohnCue Guest

Thanks, I'll try updating the firmware.
    I just finished trying the Mayo's guild to using Decrypter and Shrink seen here http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/reccomended.html
    But it still gave a problem. This time it only burned about 3mins of the movie (Troy). I was thinking it may be a burner issue too but I didn't want to rush out and buy a new burner if it was something else.
    My friends burn all the time with just DVDShrink and their copies come out fine. They use what ever media is on sale. lol They both have weaker PCs than I do.
    One has a TDK burner and the other a Gateway (came with the PC from Gateway).

This is frustrating !

4. JohnCue

JohnCue Guest

P.S. No, I'm not multi tasking and yes, I did uninstall and reinstall both Nero, Shrink and Decrypter. Those are the programs I use and all are up to date. Help !!! : )

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I'm all out of ideas for you man. Sorry:( Good luck though.