1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD copy, convert, for not so dummies, but then again...

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by Nezello, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Nezello

Nezello Guest

I have to SCREAM for a second. WOW I really needed that! I have several DVD programs and its a bit of a cluster F*** to figure it (them) all out. My question is this. I have a TV card and PC recorded TV files result in mpeg. I want to burn those files to a DVD and use on any DVD player. It's hit and miss with the several programs I use. Ie. NeroVision Express, DVD shrink, DVD Decrypter, Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum to name a few. Also, I've been trying to convert videos to PSP (PSP Video 9 works OK). I find problems with all the different DVD files. For example I ran DVD shrink to copy a DVD to my HD. When it finished I had 26 VTS files. I then went to convert it to PSP and no idea which file to choose or how to combine them into one file???

Is there an ABC explanation of all this crap. I've tried all in one programs only to discover to my horror things like the file I was trying to convert was an ISO not an IFO. Can you feel my pain. BTW, I understand copyright thats not my issue. I just want to stop wasting my time & money and learn how to do what I thought should be simple stuff not rocket science. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

how does this relate to RatDVD?

all you can do is read guides and ask questions as you come across problems. the biggest with dvds tend to be not using the latest updated programs to rip, using scratched/dirty discs, burning too fast or on cheap media, and not keeping the firmware up to date.

3. dengfeng

dengfeng Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007