1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Copy for Dummys???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by novice123, Mar 15, 2004.

1. novice123

novice123 Guest

I need this version, I have DVD Shrink, DVD 43, Nero and yet I still can't copy a DVD that I can playback in my DVD player attached to my TV. It acts as if there is no disc, I can watch the DVD in my computer but not on the TV. Please help, I feel like a moron, I have about 10 DVD coasters now. I am using a 2.26 Ghz machine with a P4 processor and running windows XP home. Please help.

2. Psychtrip

Psychtrip Member

What kind of burner are you using? What kind of DVD media do you burn with? If you get the cheap stuff, most of the time it will not work. Can your stand alone DVD player play DVD -/+ r/rw? More info will be helpful. Good luck.

3. novice123

novice123 Guest

I am using a TDK 840 G Burner, My DVD player is a Panasonic, and I also have a generic DVD player Unknown name right now. I am using TDK DVD-R's, I have tried DVD+R's,DVD+RW's and DVD-RW's. None of which has worked for me yet. If you can think of anything I am doing wrong please ley me know, as I stated earlier I can watch the DVD's that I copy on my computer but not on my stand alones. I am using DVD shrink to open the file, then backup onto the DVD, is the correct process??

4. Psychtrip

Psychtrip Member

5. novice123

novice123 Guest

No, I have tried TDK and Memorex so far. Do you really think it is the DVD disc that is causing me problems?, I feel it is something I am doing incorrectly.

6. Psychtrip

Psychtrip Member

Not for sure, it is just an idea I had. There are many more experienced people on these threads that could give you more input. Just give it some time for them to post. Good luck anyways.

7. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

i may be well off the mark here as i dont know much about stand alone dvd players...........but dont some panasonic machines actually use dvd ram?????

is only a thought and like i say i may be well off the mark

8. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member