1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd copy platinum

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vinny97, Feb 25, 2004.

1. vinny97

vinny97 Member

help,i am trying to copy dvds using dvd x copy platinum,please somebody tell me how to do it.is it a ripper aswell or do i need to rip the dvd first?.
    i would be greatly appreciative of any help anyone can give me.
    cheers
    vinny

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

firstly you wont find many people using this like myself! to put it bluntly it sucks pants! but some people like the ease of use!

ok it should be as they say 3 clicks and done and yes it rips!!!

3. vinny97

vinny97 Member

yeah cheers under closer inspection it does suck,i was using dvd shrink,and it seemed to be fine,the copies were absolutly perfect,until some of them neer the end they would start to jump and stick,is it because i have the burn speed set to maximum do you think,i have read in another post that it is better to set the burn to 2.6,shall i try this?

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

vinny97,

"I say, I say son, it's your media, I say"
    (Gettin into my Foghorn, Leghorn mood)

"Hear me now, I say - Boy, Ya using some lousy media, Ya, I say Ya have ta use either Ritek G04 or Verbatim iffin Ya want ta burn good !!"

Cheap media skips, freezes, or plain downright won't play. - You might want to compress just a tiny bit more - allowing a bit of gray at the end of your green compression bar so that you're not writing right to the very edge of the disk -

Burning a little slower may cut down on errors as opposed to burning at 4 or 8X -

Lastly, if you are in Australia, DVD XCopy DOES NOT have a ripper - go upstairs (to the top of the page) and look for DVD43 (Freeware) and that will allow you to use XCopy - Next week it will be true here in the "States" too. :-(

Pete

BTW, If no one has mentioned it, Welcome to the Club :D

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

this is from a freind!

dvdr discs are not good on the last bit!!!

so in dvd shrink it auto sets the compressed dvdr to 4436 i think it is without looking?

so you do a manual size of 4430 so it dont use the end part!

IT WORKED FOR HIM!!!!!!!!

6. vinny97

vinny97 Member

thankyou to you all, you have been very helpful, and i am pleased to have joined the club.
    stay cool
    vinny

7. vinny97

vinny97 Member

and pete i have just looked at the specs on your computer,how in the hell did you get i gig of ram,that is just downright disgusting,and you should be ashamed of yourself!!.lol
    it obviously something you put together yourself isn't it??.please tell me more!!.
    vinny

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yea Vinny, I'm somewhat upset myself, I had my eyes set on about 2 Gig but there was no where to stick it sooooo, as they say, "I'm coping" ;-))

Pete