1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Copy problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wrightj45, Mar 13, 2004.

1. wrightj45

wrightj45 Guest

After 3 yrs of burning movies and thinking I was getting the hang of it, I'm suddenly having the following problem:

After successful decryption(dvddecrypter)and copying movie(Dvd2One), using CopytoDvd to burn to blank media suddenly wants to take 25 hours to burn the movie rather than the usual 12 to 30 min max. What's going on? On one attempt, my copy time was up to 75 hrs. Confused....

2. DJKO

DJKO Member

wrightj45

check your IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers , Secondary IDE Channel make sure its not set to PIO Mode.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

DJKO,

CopyToDVD is a burning software. Like most burning it's job is to take it in one door, fry it on to a disc and shove it out the back door - As I'm sure you've heard, Garbage in, Garbage out !

HOWEVER, CopyToDVD is a partner with DVD2One, a very good processing program and and Excellent "Joining" p[rogram. (Good for putting many episodes on a single DVD :) Used with CopyToDVD they produce a quality backup DVD :D)

Pete
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2004
  4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Sorry wrightj45, I got sidetracked -

I experienced the same thing a while back and I ran "System Mechanic" through it which cleaned up my registry and miscellaneous garbage and sped things right up - give it a try - then we'll look into other options -

Meanwhile, Welcome to the Club -

Pete

5. DJKO

DJKO Member

ScubaPete

"CopyToDVD is a burning software" YEA No SHIT

6. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

i do not believe that was called for

and usually to quote u use this method

you should treat people hu are being helpful with a [bold]LOT[/bold] more respect whats your problem?

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

DJKO,

Only an incredibility stupid ass would ask such a question if he was aware that the program was a burning program being that if you shove crap into it, did you really expect it to produce a quality end product ?

You asked the question, I gave you a polite answer to your query -

DJKO, we try to treat those with questions with civil replies. Since you find that unacceptable, you have only to ask and the next time you ask a question we'll be glad to supply a wiseass answer and then shut you down - we aim to please

8. DJKO

DJKO Member

ScubaPete

The Question wasnt for u to answer.

Oh i removed my
    thats better

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

DJKO,

When people post questions in this forum, everyone tries to assist in providing the most comprehensive and complete answer possible - It's called "Brain Storming" when people are in the same room, face to face. When you wish to ask a question of a single person, a "personal question", you can go to the top of the page and send a PM's, Again, PM's are for those things that you don't wish "aired" in a public forum.

Your reply was addressed to me in a public arena. You obviously felt that it was necessary to post your smartass comments in an open arena, I merely pointed out that your query was asinine considering that you were aware of the function of the program prior to the asking of your question.

You might notice that I took the time to explain PM's to you. Considering your actions, it appeared that you didn't have even a rudimentary grasp of the concept of PM's and I wanted to insure that my reply was not in vain.