1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD copying of copyright movies.for home use only.?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JT45, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Send our worthy and honorable ally a case of our finest blood wine!

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

LOL i forgot about this thread HA HA im actually laughing!
    sry for forgetting to stop by...i was to buzy helping people...something goodswipe needs to learn!!!
    GEEZ SOUND LIKE A MAN DATE
    (an artist depicvation of klingon on one of his famous phone calls to JT45)
    [​IMG]
    surly sounds like you wanna get into mine and jt45's pants huh?-LOL JK

dear lord binkie what have u done....its really funny cause klingon double posts more then anyone!!!
    im lovin this thread guys!
    probably some cheap beer....and a bed and partner for the night LOL
    =========================================
    btw; klingon i can't consider u a friend until u make a profile and i hit the magic button!
    [​IMG] -magic button

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  3. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

Sorry gentlemen, I haven't been around for a bit; I recently did a full c:\drive restore from backupdiscs (Dated Dec-26/07) - the last time I used Nero Backup. So, I've had to play a bit 'o "catch-up".

Sorry also, if I haven't answered everyone, which is not really hard to do considering we're at 6 pages in this thread already.

I see you all have been acting good and silly in the meantime, which I think is a most positive thing, and assure you is quite *good* news!, especially if you read all the squawks, flames, personal attacks, rants, bad language, etc. in some of the other forums. (Like "Blu-Ray" but not limited to there.)

tripplite, aka, "Trippy" :

<Ahem!> 'Surly' not!, my good fellow! (I have a hard-enough time crawling into my *own* pants when I fall out of bed in the morning if I'm running late for work.)

Oh, and thanks for the cartoon pic, (I think!) I don't got no 'Man-Dates' as-such. I just figgered if I brought a bunch of good barebecuing steaks and a half-dozen 12-packs of beer over to your place, I could get you loaded-enough to drop a bunch of neat posts in this forum. :)

iluvendo:

Hi. I didn't create a 'Profile' cause I'm really, really sooper-lazy, and didn't want to look around for a bunch o' thumbnail-pics of bare-nekked-women to post, or start a Blog, or anything like that.

But you can always send any member a PM whether they have a profile or not, simply by logging in; then clicking on the 'Forums' tab. A bar menu (in brownish-yellow) runs along the top. Just click the link "Compose A Private Message", (too easy, huh?)

In the text box, simply type in the member's proper name. (Like 'A_Klingon')

<I just sent you a quick sample PM using this 'manual' method.>

ZoSoIV:

A_Klingon, how much are you charging an hour? lol

A nickle-ninety-five, plus expenses. (Nah... I'm free; I'm cheap; I'm easy) :) If I can find the time (not often) - I like to help people.

-------------------

Speaking of which.....

I *did* call JT45 (twice) already, but no contact yet. (answering machine). But we've been PM-ing a bit. I'll be talking to him within the next few days to try to help set him up and use DVDFab and DVDShrink. If he has his computer on (he'd *better!*), I'll talk-him-through the process.

(After that, I *think* I'll just stick to answering quickie, one-liner type questions, or else hang around the more 'advanced' Forums, where all us reg'lar geniuses hang out!) :p

Chow 4 Now. -- Klingy --

4. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Ah...the gang's all here. Seemingly except for good ole JT45!

@Klingy
    I'm in agreement with Trippy here. You should remove the laziness, create a profile and immediately add a couple of us chaps to your buddy list. We'll find the thumbnail photos for you. Don't worry, iluvendo's got 'em!

Oh, and keep us updated on JT, as we're dying for resolution!

5. JT45

JT45 Guest

HELLO OUT THERE!!!!I AM HERE IN SPIRIT,WORKIN WINTER IS OVER PEOPLE BACK TO WORK I AM AND DAM HAPPY TO BE JUST THAT!!!TRY NOT WORKIN SINCE DEC. AND SEE HOW MUCH CABIN FEVER U GET[​IMG][/img][/img].ONLY DAYS U WILL FIND ME HERE ARE RAINY DAYS OR SNOWY DAYS BUT LIKE I SAID HERE IN SPIRIT HAAAAAAAAA.GOOD DAY TIME TO HIT IT HARD AND GET IT DONE!!!!JT OUT...........

6. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Apparently...i spoke too soon. Lol.

JT, so the real question is...have you sucessfully backed up a movie implementing DvdFab and Dvd Shrink yet?

Easy on the caps too fella.

And what's with all the [​IMG]

7. A_Klingon

(Me, too!)

Oh, I don't intend to "let-him-go" anytime soon - I think he knows that. I've cast my line into the river; and I snagged him (got him 'hooked', and although the little bugger is putting up quite a fight, I'll eventually reel him in. :)

And besides, all you good folks - garmoon, 7thsinger, ZoSoIV, tripplite, iluvendo, goodswipe, LOCOENG, creaky, SuckRaven, and everyone else I didn't mention here - ALL deserve to see this thing through to it's logical conclusion.

(He'll thank me some day once he's amassed 1,817 high-quality backup movies (with no room to store them all) and tv-show boxed-sets for his personal collection). <Not that * I * myself would ever do that sort of thing of course ,because, you see, I * never * do _anything_ wrong or that I'm not supposed to.> No Sir! Not Me!)

This is me trying to 'get hold' of JT: (Wish I'd brought some beers....)

[​IMG]

JT45 - You'all forgot to insert some image files into your image links. And remember: I'm OFF next Sat, Sun, and Mon (hint-hint), and I just know you'll already have a dee-vee-dee ripped by the DVDFab thingee, waiting patiently in it's own folder, right? (Right?) <Hello? [tap...tap.. is this thing on?]

Also, 7thSinger - about Profiles.....

They're a very cool thing for those who have enough time to create (and more importantly) *properly maintain* them. I really don't. A Profile which uses all the features, like blogs, and pics, and even more messages, Shoutbox, links, quotes, etc.etc., is almost like another "website-within-a-website", and frankly, the main, basic A/D site here has enough going-on to keep any one sane person busy for the rest of his natural-born life. Don't you agree?

Hope to be back "soon-ish" !

-- Klingy --

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  8. JT45

JT45 Guest

I AM A GOOBER WEN IT COMES TO COMP. STUFF!!!I THOUGHT WEN I CLICKED ON THOSE SYMBOLS A PICTURE WOULD COME UP BUT DIDN,T .HANG IN THER I,LL GET IT.BE HERE IN SPERIT.I KEEP CAPS LOCKED SO EVERYTHING IS IN CAPITAL LETTERS.DO NOT HAVE TIME TO WRITE SO HERE I AM IN SPERIT!!!

9. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@JT45
    That's great that you are in here in spirit. Do us a little favor though - move your pinkie over the caps lock button and turn it off.

10. varnull

varnull Guest

Doesn't that little green light just get to ya after a while? It annoys the pants off me ;)

11. JT45

JT45 Guest

ok hows that just like to see what i am typin,me eyes are not that good close up..............

12. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Much better :)

13. JT45

JT45 Guest

Thank you.will met u again............may God Bless u!

14. JT45

JT45 Guest

Woops!I meant Meet ..Sorry..Gettin tired.!!

15. tripplite

tripplite Guest

JT45- im going to take some screen shots for you, explain to me where you are currently having difficulty!

LOL i just can't remember where ur lost at!! all this ...well there are no words to describe this thread!!

i wanna help u though man!
    -tripplite

16. A_Klingon

Just got back from work. Dog-tired. (Graveyard shift).

Hi Tripp.

He simply needs to :

a) Rip a DVD ..... (suggest free version of DVDFab(HD)Decrypter)
    b) Compress the resulting files down to DVD-5 <single layer> size .... (suggest DVDShrink)
    c) Burn the files. ... (suggest NeroExpress, but just about anything will do)

That's it! That's all. Nothing more or nothing less I don't think. (It's a lot, though, for someone who hasn't done it I suppose.)

I have no idea how far he's gotten yet or what he's done or where he's at or what he has downloaded/installed/uninstalled, etc. I think he did get a successful rip - some posts back, I think he mentioned that the process took 'about' 30 mins to complete, which sounds about right to me.

Not sure if he knows *where* he ripped the files TO though. (Floatin' around on his hard drive somewhere, I guess). [shrug]

(He's a very friendly gent in his PMs though!) :)

JT45, if you're out there..... you need to give us as much information as you can, before this thread reaches 1,734 pages, and my eyeballs wear out! :-D

And you are NOT a "Goober" !!! ("Oh ye of little faith!...")

Each and every one of us here was a noobie once. (Yeah, even ME I'm ashamed to admit.) At one time or another, each of us had to throw that ol' computer switch ON for the first time.

I won't call you this weekend unless I know you need and/or want any more help. <If I'm not asleep>. Drop me a PM (or not) - either way, it's entirely cool! (We ain't goin' anywhere). If you want, maybe it's best to learn this stuff at your own pace, in your own way, one-question or step at-a-time.

But that's about as easy as it's _ever_ going to get, my friend! The rest is up to you.

Be sure let us know what you *have* done so far. We can't help you unless you help us to do so.

-- Peace -- Klingy --

17. JT45

JT45 Guest

Its alright don,t sweat it!!! I have not done anything yet .I can do this ,There is something that I am not doing right I can figure it out,If I have any problems I will let u know just let me know what time is good weekends did u say????????

18. tripplite

tripplite Guest

jt45 sorry for asking again but im going to take some screen shots for you, tell me what ripper (software) are you using!

good 4 u sticking with us!
    -tripplite

19. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

For all the bible readers out there, Gomer (as in Pyle) is in the old testament. Father Iluvendo.
    If you don't believe me, just ask Cardinal 7thsinger, he knows!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  20. permatex

permatex Regular member

i will suggest anydvd and clonedvd2 at slysoft.com.easy to use and the result are very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.