1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD copying problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jmr188, Feb 1, 2005.

1. jmr188

jmr188 Member

I have A TDK DVD-R DVD-RW. I tried to copy a copied dvd. It worked but I can only watch it on my P.C and on my playstation. When I put it into my DVD palyer it says DISC ERROR. What do i have to do in order to make it work on my DVD player.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

maybe your player isnt compatible with the type of dvdr your using,check it out with this chart:http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Firstly, is the disc a -R or a -RW? Most stand alone players prefer -R or +R discs.

Is it a new or old player? A lot of older ones have problems playing 'home-burnt' discs.

Search the web for your model player to see if you can find if it is compatible with -R, -RW, +R or +RW.

Adder.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

or use the chart I posted

5. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Some older players cannot read rewritables (RWs). If your disk is a +R or -R, maybe it's the way you burn them. If using Nero, choose 'DVD-Video' when burning. Some DVD players won't recognize UDF format.

6. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

Here is a good dvd carousel player that I own by Sony; I haven't had any issues with it playing dvd-r, dvd+r or dvd+rw; I haven't tried a dvd-rw but, am sure it will be fine; also, plays mp3's and of course vcd's nicely too.

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Sony_DVP-NC665P_S_DVD

My old Pioneer dvd player (3 years old) hiccups here and there with some of the newer technology. Sounds like it's time for an upgrade. ... gotta love that; justification for the wife??

Good luck.

7. jmr188

jmr188 Member

It is not my dvd player because it plays the copies that they lend to me. those are DVD-R and that is what i use.