1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Copying Problems

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by th_kyur, Sep 1, 2005.

1. pvzajac

pvzajac Member

I have had no problem burning discs after reading your many comments and shutting off virus software, using top grade media, etc. I have a granddaughter who sinks her teeth into a specific movie and watches it at least once everyday for two weeks before picking another. Just when I thought my problems were solved, the copy I made froze in my player after 10 viewings. It seems like after so many viewings the copy is deteriorating already? The next time, it will play fine. Others, will always pixilate and freeze after the first time. I've spent a fortune on coasters. I'm ready to give up. Any ideas?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

With me as Long as I burn My disks at 2.4x speed and use fairly good Media the Disks seem to play back without any problems for at least a year so far without any problems...even if a DVD will not play in your DVD Player it should Play in your PC which means you can allways rip the DVD Back to your HD and re-Burn it to a New Disk...

3. pvzajac

pvzajac Member

I just had a bolt of lightning hit me! I have been browsing for any solutions to my playback problems and I'm not sure where I read it, but a suggestion was made not to use labels on the burned DVD's. If they're at all off center they can create a wobble factor, it tends to keep the heat in the disc and ends up being a different weight for playback. I took a disc that had so much pixilation, skipping and freezing that I haven't been able to watch it yet. I carefully removed the label using a dull knife and Goo Gone to make sure the glue was off. I could not believe my eyes when the entire movie played from start to finish without any problem at all. It can't be this simple an answer? I can't begin to tell you how many DVDs I tossed as unreadable. I admit I prefer to have a label (I use CD Stomper) because it looks so much more professional. There was one other suggestion from someone else who said that he put the label on before burning it, so the weight factor was included with the burn. Has anyone heard of this or tried this?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

I personally use labels But they are very small and when i put a label on the DVD i allways Put one on the Opposite end of the Disk as to ballance out the Disk so it doesn"t wobble in the Drive because You can actually hear it when a disk is Not ballanced correctly because your DVD drive and your whole PC can start Vibrateing Madly when lables are Incorrectly placed......

5. garo

garo Member

hi all
    I had problems with lables on the backup dvd which use to caus errors and playback issues i am happy to say it is no more.
    Firstley use good quality dvd blanks, burn on low speed and lables use clear prinatable dvd lables and you will not have any problmes. best of luck.

6. pvzajac

pvzajac Member

I haven't seen "clear printable labels" on the market. Can you be more specific on the brand name, size and where you get them? I tried putting the label on first and then burning the disc. It seemed to minimize the problem, but it was still there. I just bought a new Sony DVD/VHS Recorder/Player and was astounded to read in the manual it gave specific instructions not to apply any type of label.