1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Copying / Ripping Software

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JonCarl, Apr 29, 2004.

1. JonCarl

JonCarl Member

Hello all, I am new here and have read through the forums and still need some guidance please. I need to know what software is best for backing up / copying DVD's. I looked into dvd Xcopy express, Xcopy Gold, an Xcopy Platinum. Xpress only says it will burn one copy only. My question is, does the Gold or Platinum edition do multiple ? Thank you

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Do not buy any of those programs. Dvd shrink and dvd decrypter do the same thing and they are free.

3. JonCarl

JonCarl Member

Thank you Sly, and to all out here. And I would like to apologize for asking a question that I am sure has been asked a milion times too many by people who did not take the time to search effectivly. But being new and un-known to your world, and after having one hellova week....I needed one thing to go right,,and this one lonely, prefect reply with the answer I was searching for...made the difference. So..I will unconditionally do my thorough searches in the future before posting again. Thanks again Sly for the quick response.

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Everyone seems to rap 321 Studio products. But they did what they promised in a very easy, one step manner. A true one-click solution with very good vid quality. Unfortunately with the current versions you will now have to use a ripper like DVD Decrypter due to a recent court ruling.

As a side note their DVD X Maker is an excellent, reasonably priced authoring program.

5. speedbag

speedbag Guest

if you have the rf version of platinum.... how can you use a third party ripper to copy movies thanks jeff

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

321 is useless in my opinion - get yourself free DVD Shrink and rip/compress - then burn with Nero through the Shrink interface

7. pudgy

pudgy Member

have to agree, I dropped $100 for xcopy..didn't work..now its sitting in the box collecting dust..use decryter and shrink..outta 7 burns I had one coaster and that was "my" fault..and I have only been at this about 2 weeks...first week wasted on xcopy..

thanks to all you highly intelligent individuals on this forum..(you know who you are)

Sher

8. zooco

zooco Regular member

Hi Orphus,

I used the same procedure as you mentioned : rip & shink by DVD Shrink then use Nero to burn. All of a sudden, I got coasters !! It seemed that DVD Shrink activated Nero at Max. writing speed of the DVD burner ( in my case : 4x for DRU Sony 510A ). To work around the issue, I had to burn the ripped files manually with Nero set at 2X writing speed to get good DVDs. I wonder if you had similar problem ? Please comments. Thanks.