1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Copying support

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by djames62, Feb 23, 2005.

1. djames62

djames62 Guest

I'm have a problem with a copy of a dvd disc. When I put the disc into my DVD player it reaads OK But when I put it into my computer my drive can not read or reconize thatg there is a disc in it. what can i do to play this dvd on my computer?

2. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

Check for firmware updates for your DVD player. Old and out of date firmware can not read newer media formats. This statement assumes that the disc in question is a backup and not an origional.

3. djames62

djames62 Guest

Thank you the info But i did have my firmware updated and still can't reconize the disc when place n the drive. System locks up!

4. hursty

hursty Active member

does your drive read both +/- formats,if you dont know,check that out first,then check the disc
    if it works on your standalone,then it is most likely to be a compatibilty issue
    check with nero infotool(if you have it)on what formats it supports
    updating firmware will not neccesarily solve the problem,as you have found out
    did you burn the copy on the computer?or was that done somewhere else?

5. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

djames62

Does the system only lock up with this disc? What operating system are you using?

6. djames62

djames62 Guest

Itryed that On my laptop with dvd/cd rom copyer and my desk top dvd/ copyer. Both system locks up. I have XP on both computers. Some of the other copyed disc work on them but I just received these new disc. And they don't work on my computer I don't know how they where backed up but they work on Home DVD system but not on my compter.

Still stuck!

7. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

Sadly, it sounds like the media is the source of your woes. Oddly, if seems to play in a stand alone and not on the PC DVD-ROM. What type of DVD's are there +R -R or DL +R? Make of Media?