1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd copying

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by swm04a, Dec 15, 2004.

1. swm04a

swm04a Member

hello, getting straight to the piont i am looking for a way to make backup copies of dvd's that i own such as "Van Helsing", "Top Gun", just regular dvd movies, i dont want to make covers for the cds or put home videos on cds i just would like to be able to make copies i am looking at buying a software that will allow this but i do not know what the best product for my specific needs would be, anyone will some expertise in this area who has some advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hi swm04a--
    Just go to Software tab at the top of this site and download DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor--both are free and will allow you to copy your DVD's--I would recommend practicing with the RW type of media until you gain confidence in your copying ability--look through these threads and you will find scuba pete guides to use these programs as well--sure helped me quite a bit--

Good Luck--Happy burning!

3. swm04a

swm04a Member

thanks a bunch whitfield , i have one question though i am completely new at this, so what did you mean by rw media? thanks again for any help you can give me.

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

rw just means re-writable--can be erased and used again