1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD cover art, not a question but a answer :)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by DmmH, Jun 28, 2004.

1. tomertl

tomertl Member

What type of printer do you recommend for these? I have tried a couple different ones. I'm going to try and print one of these High resolution covers on my HP 4500 color laser at work here and see. It should be done downloading in about 10 minutes.

2. forkndave

forkndave Member

I use an Epson R300, but any printer that can print photo quality should be good. I generally print in "Photo" mode and select "Photo Quality Ink Jet Paper". I think "Photo" mode is 720 dpi. I usually print on Epson High Quality Ink Jet Paper or Epson Photo Quality Ink Jet Paper. Any coated paper would be about the same, but these are, at least for me, easily obtainable and relatively inexpensive. I have used Cannon Matte Photo paper, also. It looks good, but it's a little more expensive and it wears out the blade in my paper trimmer faster because it's thicker. If you use standard paper, the colors are more muted. I think the coated paper gives a more snappier look.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  3. Wild0ne

Wild0ne Member

I have to agree that cdcoverscc sux big time. Due to the competitions they run you get some god awful scans - poor resolution, blurry and for petes sake - crooked. I also reacon the comp is rigged - i mean look at the totals of uploads compared to the number "apparently" uploaded for the comp. Like 860 covers from 1 guy and only 300 new covers in total ????
    As for daprogger - I havent even been able to get the website to load properly let alone d/load.

For a limited number of covers - but of extraordinary quality I use http://www.incomplete.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/covers.html