1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Data with Nero 6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by teaves, Aug 30, 2003.

1. teaves

teaves Member

I am a long time Roxio user but it seems to be screwing with my DVDxCopy. (not that xCopy needs help). It was recommended I try Nero so I downloaded a trial copy but it does not show my Pioneer DVD Burner. Is there something else I need in Nero to burn a data dvd?

Terry

2. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

program conflict

get rid of x-copy return it and use dvd shrink it is free and better because it breaks the css encryption instead of bypassing it but it is a little harder to learn and slower.

3. teaves

teaves Member

I will check it out but what about buring a data DVD with Nero? Nero only shows my Yamaha CD Burner. Does not even show my Pioneer DVD Burner.

Terry

4. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

what kind of pioneer? is dvdxcopy still on your comp. and wut version of roxio, the newest version is much better than the rest in that it is almost comparable to nero if roxio detects it stick w/ it_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Win xp sp1
    amd 2000+
    256MB ddr 333
    pioneer dvr-ao6
    NERO, DVD-DEcrypter, Shrink 3.0 beta 5[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2003
  5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Roxio is a peice of piss in my honest opinion. Get nero or record now deluxe.

6. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

i used to use it when i was a new at buring cds
    very easy to use, it took me awhile to learn nero

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, i understand the reasons behind using it. I started with it, but once you get Nero, it really does show you how rubbish it is lol ;-)

8. teaves

teaves Member

maybe I am not communicating very well. I have Nero 6 Ultra (6.0.0.11). WHen I launch Nero Burning ROM and select a new session, I should get an option to select which media I want (CD or DVD) I get no such option. Therefore I do not get an option to create a Data DVD. My DVD is a Pioneer DVR-A03, CD Burner is Yamaha CRW 2100E (both have latest firmware). Running Win 2K pro SP4.
    Now, any idea why I do not get the option to use my Pioneer to burn under Nero?
    Appreciate the help.

Terry

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Were you able to burn DVD's at any time before or is this just since the upgrade to Nero 6?

10. teaves

teaves Member

Roxio burns fine to DVD.

Terry

11. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

sorry ithink i havea diff version

in smart start there is a dvd tab in the upper right hand corner click that then click on photo and video then click on make dvd video
    put ur vob files in
    -burn

try it

12. Blueman13

Blueman13 Member

Does anyone know how to fix the issue that Teaves was talking about. I am experiencing he same issue. I just had a PC built and a Pioneer DVR 106 installed. When I go to run Nero it will not recognize it as a recorder.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13. beau909

beau909 Member

i don't know whether or not this thread is still active, but if so, i have a similar problem with nero 6 - it recognizes my dvd burner (pioneer)but doesn't give options for burning data dvd - just mini dvd or dvd copy. i just want to back up data onto the disk. any help??

14. beau909

beau909 Member

btw, i'm using xp pro and am not sure of the exact model of pioneer dvd burner (someone gave it to me)

15. beau909

beau909 Member

aha! found it inside of nero "choose recorder" menu - pioneer dvdrw-dvr-105. anybody know why it doesn't offer the option to simply drag 'n drop data onto dvd like you can onto cd? nero always worked beautifully for me until i put i this dvd-rw. i'm sure there must be a way to do it. matter of fact, if anybody out there knows of another, (easier) program to use for burning data onto dvd, i'd greatly appreciate hearing about it. thanx much
    beau

16. beau909

beau909 Member

actually, i'm pretty much an old hand at burning data, audio, video, and what have you onto cd's with nero and ez cd creator (various versions), but i have to admit that i'm quite new and wet behind the ears at this dvd burning stuff. and its crucial that i start getting the massive amount of data that i have off of my hd's before i suffer the dreaded "catastrophic event" - hd failure and ensuing loss of irreplaceable mission critical data.

17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Why dont we all just get ourselves a copy of Record Now deluxe and be happy happy people :-D

18. beau909

beau909 Member

alas, i found out why i wasn't getting dvd burn data options - stupid me. there was a drop-down menu at the top of the lefthand panel that needed to be changed from "cd" to "dvd". sometimes i'm kinda dense, but i usually figure it out in the end. thanx anyhow

19. beau909

beau909 Member

btw, what's the deal with record now deluxe? is it the bell-ringer of all cd/dvd recording apps or what?

20. baabaa

baabaa Active member

FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK ROW ======== Get yourselves hooked into Recordnow Deluxe, none of this Nero rubbish.......just simple straight forward burning.....

Guide at http://www.chrismccann.co.uk

Sorry to be loud, but just reading the thread gave me the impression of swingin' a cat....LOL...no offense intended....