1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrpytor?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Liez4Love, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

Hey, i have been hearing alot about the DVD Decrpytor?/ and i have been meaning to back up my dvds, cause alot of them are getting scratched. and also, are some dvds, when you back them up, can they cause fatal errors?

2. sirenia

sirenia Guest

Hello Dvd Decrypter is a great product but if your dvds are bigger than 4.7gb you will need to use dvd shrink first which you can download for free from this site. I have backed up over 400 movies and i have never gotten a fatal error from them yet anyway.

3. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

Thanks man,

4. wales1

wales1 Member

Sirenia, how do you get DVD Decrypter to access the file you have shrunk to your hard drive using shrink. I can only see Decrypter reading from a DVD drive not the hard drive. I must be missing something. Thanks.

5. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

i'm not sirenia but i know the answer. you can set shrink to automatically open decrypter as soon as its finished shrinking and burn. or if you have a dvd-5 you can do it all on dvd decrypter.

choose ISO write mode and click on the folder in the source area. you should see the file their or near there. but if you're still having problems, save the shrink file in a place you can find or just remember where shrink saves the file. some people make a folder called [bold]DVD Projects[/bold] and save the files there.

6. dysart147

dysart147 Member

I have had a problem using dvdshrink. when i go to save the file it shut's down. What am I doing wrong?

7. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

which movie are you trying to rip? and you said that you have had a problem using dvd shrink, does it shut down every time you shrink a movie?

8. dysart147

dysart147 Member

I tried several movies. Even the old one's that will fit on one disk with DVDXCOPY. and yes, it shut's down everytime. It is when you try to send it to the hard drive. I use two hard drives on my computer, and the second one is just for burning movies.(temp storage)