1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter always reports files too large for DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bakerybob, Nov 10, 2003.

1. bakerybob

bakerybob Member

I'm trying to use DVD Decrypter to make a region-free copy of a 4.7GB DVD I own.
    I've been using this method so far:
    1) Rip with DVD Shrink v2.3
    2)Make an ISO file with imgtool Classic v0.90 B8
    3) Burn this ISO file with DVD Decrypter.

Everything works fine until the last step. Selecting the iso file in DVD Decrypter gives me the message "There doesn't appear to be enough space on the disk to burn this image. Would you like to continue anyway?"
    However, this message appears no matter what size the ISO file is. Converting the movie using DVD Shrink's "Still Images" option gives a total file size of a little over 1GB, but DVD Decrypter still thinks this won't fit on a 4.7GB disk.

By the way, ignoring that message and clicking "Yes" anyway starts the burning process. However, it stops after about 3 seconds, saying that there was a command error or somesuch. However, it still remembers to close and complete the disk, so that I can't add anything else to it later - a $4 frisbee.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

why are you using decrypter at the burn program. You would be better off using a real burn program than decrypter. You have done the hard stuff using dvd shrink to rip and compress the file--now you just need to burn.

The best burning programs seem to be nero and recordnow but they are not the only ones. You can download trial versions of each of them to see which will work for you.

Oriphus' guides are good
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm

There are good guides at dvdshrink.info also. If you want to try a free burning program, burnatonce is freeware (nero and recordnow cost$ after the trial is over)
    http://dvdshrink.info/guides.php