1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD DECRYPTER AND ANYDVD

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by pa104inf, Jan 19, 2005.

1. pa104inf

pa104inf Regular member

I just got the FORGOTTEN. Last night I installed ANYDVD and ran it this morning with DVD DECRYPTER. I was able to put it on my machine with no problem. The question I have is would DVD DECRYPTER have worked without ANYDVD. DVD DECRYPTER seemed to know that there were bogus files on the FORGOTTEN DVD. It warned me and ignored the bad sectors. Was this the result of help from ANYDVD or would DECRYPTER have found it anyway. I have the lastest version of DVD DECRYPTER and ANYDVD.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Decrypter will handle the new protections just fine on it's own. The replacing of bad files was Decrypter at work :)

3. pfarmer

pfarmer Member

I am really confused. I have the forgotton and friday night lights and I want to back them up. I have dvd x-copy platinum and dvd decrypter. Will either of these work or do I need something more?

Miatta

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Actually Neph, Any DVD has the edge over DVDD.

Recently the Koreans rerleased a new encryption called Settec ALPHA-DVD which DVDD cannot yet rip. 24-hours BEFORE it's release AnyDVD issued an update which tore through it like it wasn't there.

Currently, we'll have to list the two top rippers as AnyDVD can rip 100% of encryptions out there and DVDD can do 99%.

Close BUT if you have that one that DVDD doesn't do, it's not a contest :)

As for cost ?

Who cares if you have a disc that cannot be ripped ?

Cheers all,

Pete

5. pfarmer

pfarmer Member

still new at this and very confused. I have dvd decrypter, dvd-s-copy platinum ( which I have been using for almost a year with no problems) and today I downloaded trial version of any dvd. What do I need to back up friday night lights. cellular call and the forgotton. What if any do I get rid of and where are the instructions for any dvd. Thanks millions!

Miata

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Don't DO anything -

Open your XCopy and keep on going -

Question: Do you have a RF version OR a ripper version XCopy ?

Pete

7. pfarmer

pfarmer Member

I have the original with the ripper. Which program am I using to burn friday night lights and the forgotton?

Miata

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

As far as your DVD XCopy, it's ripper is probably only 60% effective as nothing has been done to it in almost 1 1/2 years. You'll do well to keep AnyDVD.

Excuse me ? ? ?

You said you were using XCopy - What am I missing here ?

9. pfarmer

pfarmer Member

i tried dvd [platinum first with no success. Then I downloaded trial copy of any dvd but there are no directions? Is this a program that works by itself or do I need dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. This is very difficult for me; I am not very good on the computer. I need the simplest program available. Please be patient. Thanks

Miata

10. ricoman

ricoman Member

Once you load AnyDVD the first time, just make sure that your region is correct (USA=1) and you don't have to touch it again. It will automatically run in tha background when you start your burning program. I've never tried it with Xcop because I don't use it any more now that I use ClondDVD2, but it will run with Shrink (which is free) or Nero.

11. pfarmer

pfarmer Member

another quesrion please. I have put the forgotton in and opened dvd decrypter. Keeps saying it might be encrypted but continues to go. When it is finished it says another file already exists (from previous failures).. How do I delete the file that would not copy so I can try again to back this Up? It also says something about writing over and I check yes but the bd file is still there. Boy am I confused.

thanks

12. ricoman

ricoman Member

When you start DVDD... it shows a line "Destination" and "please chose a folder". Find out what the folder is and delete the files.

13. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

@pfarmer.....

1. AnyDVD is totally auto, after you make sure USA-1
    region is selected....no directions needed ...

2. your DVDXcopy is out of date, some say it will work with these new movie some say it won't,....

3. your "from previous failures" may be that your not
    deleting your files from your HD after you mess up.

4. try this it may work for you....

5. leave AnyDVD running in background
    it will ignore the new protection

6. try DVDDecypter in (F)File Mode to HD..........

7. DVDShrink... Re-Author save "Movie Only"

8. then burn with DVDDecypter in ISO (W)Write Mode.

good luck...............

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  14. pfarmer

pfarmer Member

freedom2

I am new at all of this. I don't understand how to make sure USA-1 is selected. Can you be more specific on how to delete files from previous failures?

Thanks

15. pfarmer

pfarmer Member

freedom2

I am new at all of this. I don't understand how to make sure USA-1 is selected. Can you be more specific on how to delete files from previous failures?

Thanks

16. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

ok pfarmer

1. click on anydvd icon in the tray, at bottom right side of your screen(should be red if ative on your computer)

2. a screen should pop up
    3. click on DVD TAB
    4. should see default region at top of screen
    5. scroll down the lists, high lite 1United States, Canada
    6. all the boxes in the bottom should be checked already by default.
    7. click close.
    8. you shouldn't have to make any more changes to it
    now
    9. the head should be red now

the only programs i use are 1.AnyDVD 2. DVDShrink
    and DVDDecypter.

on deleting previous failures, is if you don't delete
    your movie files afterwards they stay on your computer.

go to your c:drive and look for any movie files or any folders,dealing with a dvd movie ect........

you can tell DVDDecypter to delete files after your done(if your going to burn with it) if you like by...going to tools>>>>> settings>>
    ISO Write Mode Tab>>>>>>>>>>>>>options>>>>>>>>
    check mark>>>>>> Delete Image when done.

i would try your movie this way...

start at #4 on my previous post to #8 see if
    that helps you..........

17. ricoman

ricoman Member

Since you're new at this, let me give you one more tip. When you burn movies they are first copied to your HD. These files are multi gig files and must be deleted regularly because they can quickly fill up even large drives. Now, you will have to defrag a lot more often then you are use to, all the copying and deleting of these huge files can fragment your drive pretty fast and it will will slow down your computer dramatically.

18. 222333444

222333444 Member

I recently failed to copy 28 Days After" using the updated DVD Decrypter and Nero Recode 2.

I found out that "Any DVD would work. And it did.

You just make sure "Any DVD" is running in your start up menu. Then put the DVD you want to copy in your burner. Open up your burning program and import The DVD from your burner that the DVD is in. Then you just follow the normal steps. "Any DVD will decode it in the background without any attention. I like it so far.

19. pfarmer

pfarmer Member

Just finished deleting old files. I will now try and back up cellular call. Its getting easier. (I think) Will let you know.

THANKS

20. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Not quite true. As long as it is running it makes the original discs seem encryption free and region free

I'm sorry, I just pulled any old post that mentioned that the region should be set at USA 1.

Since several of you made that statement, may I ask if that holds true for those in the U.K. ? How about our friends "Down Under" ?

Is it possible that since this forum's home base is Finland that all members are "Finns" ? Are all members from the US ?

PLEASE be a little more careful what you post guys, this is a WWW after all. There are Newbies who will do as you say believing that you speak to all countries -

Cheers,

Pete

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005