1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter and Auto GK

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by loopyloop, Aug 3, 2005.

1. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

2. loopyloop

loopyloop Member

I use those regularly but have a sync problem with them on one movie - that's why I'm now asking if #1 DVD Ripper might be better and what the best settings to use would be for that program...

3. loopyloop

loopyloop Member

When using auto GK, I notice I can use either file or dvd input with the same result - what's the difference?

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

5. loopyloop

loopyloop Member

I do use DVD Decrypter first - just noticed that whether I pick file or DVD I get the same resulting xvid file.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Right, it won't change the type of file. What you can do is install DivX on your system and when you hit the setup portion in Auto GK...DivX will be an option. Those are the only two versions I know of that will come of of GK.

7. loopyloop

loopyloop Member

Divx is installed - I guess my question is this, why the option if the outcome is the same? Is the DVD option for taking video straight from unencrypted DVDs?

And now that you mention it, why choose xvid over divx or vise versa?

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I don't know

It's just to have the option I guess. It's not choosing it auver XviD, I just didn't say install it because if I remember correctly, it's a part of the package when Auto GK is installed.

9. loopyloop

loopyloop Member

I realize this - just wondering why anyone would choose one over the other.

10. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I agree with you. But people might prefer the other so it's only right we let 'em know the option is there.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2005
  11. loopyloop

loopyloop Member

Did ya try it Uniique1?

Btw, becoming a big fan of fair use wizard!!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  12. Raive141

Raive141 Member

Hey all, new to the forums and dvd backup in general and I'm having rather annoying issues.

First off, Like Loopyloop, when I use Dvd decrypter and Autogk my audio gets unsynched with the movie, not just sometimes, but in every case except for one. I'm not sure what is causing this, but lemme run down what I do quickly: I rip the main movie file using dvd decrypter ( i don't think i've changed any of the options regarding the ripping, I can't understand what they mean so I don't touch them) then I use AutoGK, selecting auto width for the movie, along with Constant bitrate audio at 192 kbs. I set the quality i want at around 65%, add the job and start it. I basically leave it alone while its working, except to do some work on Word or surf the internet (could this make a difference?). Anyone have any idea why I would get dysynced audio every time? and not totally dysynched either, at some point part way through the movie the the audio becomes unsynched, so at least part way through things are normally fine.

Also, I tried just using DVD shrink, but the problem is that I get good sound, but the dialogue comes out waaay too low. Did a little research and basically found that it seems like DVD shrink makes it so the movie only plays the 5 channel DTS sound (or 2 channel normal stuff if there is no DTS which is what I want for everything... ie. TV show DVD rips work fine b/c they normally don't have 5 channel dts, but some movies seem to only have 5 channel dts for the normal movie and 2 channel for director commentary etc.) I'm wondering if there is any way to fix this?

I'm really interested in being able to back up my often poorly taken care of DVDs... and i have plenty of space to do it, but of course I'd rather use the AutoGK method to save space if possible.

I know this is a lot to go through but any help would be greatly appreciated!!!