1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter and Futurama

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by catfreak, Sep 23, 2004.

1. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I decided to back up my Futurama collection (all 4 volumes) Volumes 1,2 and 3 (all 11 discs) duplicated without a hitch ... However, the last 2 discs of volume 4 have given me nothing but trouble! They play fine on my set top DVD players and on my set top DVD recorder, but they refuse to play on my computer. I have been using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink and then burning with Decrypter on all of the other discs ... the last 2 discs like I said, won't even play on my computer and DVD Decrypter says "Device Not Ready (Unable to Recover TOC) when I put either disc 3 or 4 in ... Anyone have any suggestions??

2. marieguk

marieguk Member

I have the same problem with Season 3.
    On one drive it is not recognised at all on the other two the disks are read slowly.
    Me thinks some sort of copy protection.

3. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I've been meaning to buy myself a DVD ROM drive for some time now ... I think that I'll order one today and see if it will play the discs ... I've been trying to read them with my Ricoh MP5240A writer ... Maybe I'll have better success using a Lite On XJ-HD 166S ROM drive ... We'll see ...