1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter and Win98...no iso file since PC format/reinstall etc

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by sutman, Sep 13, 2003.

1. sutman

sutman Guest

just formatted my HD and reinstalled Win98, etc. Tried to use DVD Decrypter, first got message saying Fat32 doesnt support files greater than 4gig, carried on regardless.
    Copied a disc to my HD, but when I tried to burn it back there was no iso file in the relevant folder. All i got is three files named...new.i00, new.i01 and new.mds. Wots the problem? I was previously using Win XP before formatting and had no problems, do I need to install XP again??

2. koola

koola Guest

Win98 does not allow any file bigger than 4GB as it uses the file allocation table (FAT) but WinXP uses the NT file system NTFS and it allows files bigger than 4GB.

I suggest that you re-install WinXP if you ever want ISO/UDF images!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]DVD BackUp Info: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk
    DVD Guides and Tools: http://www.simpleguides.tk

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2003
  3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Can you not choose to format your hard drive as NTFS with Windows 98?

4. Ausgum

Ausgum Member

No Windows 98 cannot read partitions formatted in NTFS so if you stick with it you won`t be able to use files bigger than 2G.So I`m not sure why you get a mesage at 4G.
    Windows XP can read files in both Fat32 and NTFS partitions so if you want to have windows 98 and still work with files bigger than 2G it might be better to dual boot with both operatings systems so you have the best of both worlds_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2003