1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter/ AutoGK Subtitles Trouble

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by dbG33K, Sep 19, 2009.

1. dbG33K

dbG33K Member

I recently purchased the Series Set for Love Hina (anime in Japanese w/ Subs). Whenever I rip the chapters I want, using DVD Decrypter, I recieve each VOB file, but only one IFO file. When I use AutoGK, it can only include subtitles if I use the IFO, as I don't have the Subs as separate files. But when I encode the IFO into an AVI, it's only of the first chapter. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

2. attar

attar Senior member

I'm not clear on what your saying.
    A disk consisting of a collection of TV show episodes, can be ripped (per episode) by selecting 'Mode' > 'IFO' from the top menu of DVD Decrypter.

Each episode can be selected individually and will by default contain any subtitles that are present.
    When you select the IFO file in AGK you should be presented with the subtitle list so that you can choose one.

'Chapters' are subdivisions of the episode and can be selectively included in the ripped file (the default is all chapters).

3. dbG33K

dbG33K Member

There is not anyway to rip each episode as a whole. The only PGC that contains an amount of amount of time, contains 2:09:58 (I'm guessing like the PLAY ALL function on the DVD itself). Within that, it has all of the individual chapters. The problem is, after choosing and ripping the chapters I want, AutoGK doesn't show any Subtitles when I insert a VOB to queue for to convert. Hope that clears it up a little.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Does the Stream Tab, indicate the subs are present.

[​IMG]

5. dbG33K

dbG33K Member

Yes, under stream processing, there are two subtitle options. Do I need to do something with Stream Processing in order to get the full episodes with their subs?

6. attar

attar Senior member

If all the episodes are in one PGC, then you would have to use the likes of DVD Shrink in Re-author mode to extract each one to a new VIDEO_TS folder - then use that folder in AGK.

Run DVD Shrink and open the movie.
    Click 'Re-author' and drag 'Title 1' from right to left side of window.
    Right click on Title 1 and 'Select Start and End Frames'.
    Then 'Backup' to a new folder.

7. dbG33K

dbG33K Member

Will this affect how the DVD runs? If there's a possibility of damaging how the DVD works, then I don't really want to mess with it. If you are sure it can be done safely, a clear tutorial would be great (if the one above could even be any clearer...). Sorry, I'm just very cautious and don't want to ruin this copy of my favorite anime.

8. attar

attar Senior member

?
    The original DVD isn't used for re-authoring - it's the backup that you ripped to the hard drive that is re-authored.
    You use the re-authored file in AGK.

http://www.dvdshrink.info/reauthor_basic.php

9. dbG33K

dbG33K Member

Great! This did just what I needed. Thanks a bunch!

10. attar

attar Senior member

Okey-dokey.
    Thank you for the feedback.