1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter Buffers at 0

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stallone7, Nov 8, 2007.

1. stallone7

stallone7 Member

Hi everyone. I've been a lurker for a while, but now have a question that I couldn't find an answer to while searching. Anyway...

I've been ripping and burning DVDs for a couple of years now, and I've been having trouble for the last month. When I go to burn a DVD, the buffers start to fill up during the lead in, then drop to 0 or slightly above for the duration of the burn. I used to burn at max speed with the buffers full. Now it takes 35-40 minutes to burn a full single layer disk. The disks turn out fine, and play in my DVD player, but I don't like that it takes so long. Ripping goes fine, same speed as ever.

My system is like 4 years old now. It's an Athlon XP 3000+ with an NEC ND-2500A (according to Nero InfoTool) burner. It is a DVD+-R/RW single layer drive. Nothing has changed except I added a better video card 3 or 4 months ago (that didn't affect the burning at the time, so I doubt that's it). Also, I defragged the hard drive a couple weeks ago hoping that would help, but it didn't. I also cleaned up the drive a little, freeing up around 30 GB now (more than enough for a full rip and then the ISO created to burn.

One other thing. I have been using DVD Decrypter to burn ISOs for a while. Again, nothing has changed in the way I burn disks. In fact I used the same media before this happened, and tried it again (from teh same spindle even) and that didn't help. I really don't know what is up, I'd love some help! Thanks everyone!

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Hi, after ripping try imgburn (free from www.imgburn.com BTW imgburn is coded by LUK the same guy from DVDD). Hope this helps

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

uninstall the controllers for your drive burner in device manger and reboot pc

[while there actullay see if your in PIO or DMA mode]

maybe uninstall DD and reload

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  4. stallone7

stallone7 Member

I was planning on trying imgburn. I installed it last night, so I'll give that a try when I get home from work. If that doesn't help, I'll give the drivers uninstall and reinstall a try. I'll update tonight when I get home. Thanks for the ideas.

5. stallone7

stallone7 Member

I tried IMGBurn and that didn't do it. So I found a forum mentioning Herrie's (or something like that) firmware for the drive. I downloaded that and installed it. Bingo, it now works like a dream. And supposedly it might support DL now, so I'll give that a try.

Thanks for the ideas everyone.