1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, AnyDVD, Vobblanker problems!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CaptChaos, Mar 8, 2005.

1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

captchaos, follow the above advice from everyone then do a bit more forum searching. could be you just need a software region killer that runs in background, there are free ones. either way search and ye shall find

Rich

2. westbrom

westbrom Guest

there was no new protection on a v p (uk), layercake (uk) use vobblanker and anydvd then shrink it with dvdshrink. also the same for saw (uk)

boing boing baggies baggies

3. Goonerz

Goonerz Member

I had to use dvd decrypter and shrink dvd for layer cake and saw coz dvdxcopy platinum wouldnt touch them. i was told many times that layer cake had a new protection....how the dvd was structured...errors or something...

baggies eh...im a season ticket holder at arsenal!

4. jeanielou

jeanielou Guest

Ok, maybe I'm doing things in the wrong sequence?? I bypass dvd decryptor all together, took a 6gb disc (the series 24, season 3 first 4 episodes) Shrink burned the first 2 episodes without a hickup. Then tired burning the remaining 2 episodes on another disc using re-author. I get the "failed to read file"G;/"
    Date Error (cyclic redundancy check) Can't for the life of me get these 2nd two episodes to copy. I even sent the first disc back and asked for a replacement...the replacement did the same!! What am I doing wrong??? Thanks for all your help. By the way, I am running AnyDvd (4.5.8.1) in the backround still in the first 20 day tryout version. I'm an admitted "Newbie" so please be patient with me.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

jeanielou,
    Rip the entire disk to your hard drive first with decrypter. Then use reauthor in Shrink to pick up the last two episodes :)

6. jeanielou

jeanielou Guest

Ok, I'm back. I tried to burn the dvd to my hdd and got to 63%. got error message:
    I/0 Error
    Devise [1:0:0] 16x8 dvd dual A04b(G) (ATA)
    Scsi Status: oxo2
    Interpretation: check Condition
    CDB: 28 00 00 26 (A 40 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector 2529856
    Sense Area: FO 00 03 00 26 9A 40 OE 00 00 00 00 15 82 00 00 00 00 03 00
    Interpretation Unknown (positioning Error) (0x15, 0x82)

{abort} {retry} {ignor}

I hit ignor...waited about 4 minutes, it tried and failed about 33 times then I got the same error message as above accept the sector changed to 2529856.

What Have I done wrong, is there a step I'm missing?
    I have intel 2.66 ghz with 1.25 ghz ram, ms xp home. I thought I was pretty well setup as far as power goes to be able to take on this project. Thanks for your help, Jeanie

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

New AnyDVD should get Layer Cake. 4.5.8.1 or something like that.

Doesn't Layer Cake sound like some kind of encryption?

8. jeanielou

jeanielou Guest

I'm on my trial period of ANYDVD...I thought dvd decypher did the same as anydvd. Would it be prudent to go ahead and purchase anydvd??? I really thought that shrink and dvd decryptor were the only programs that I really needed to do what I needed. Anyone got an opinion either way?? Jeanie

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Decrypter and Shrink are pretty much all you need. However IMO there are better proggys out there you have to pay for. I have just about all of them, but I still use Decrypter and Shrink for certain thing's. Point is if you are backing up just the main movie then no need for anything nut Decrypter and Shrink. However if you are backing up the complete DVD with menus and extras then you may want a better proggy. Like DVDCopy3 or CloneDVD2. There really is no need for any DVD if you want to use Decrypter. biggest advantage of AnyDVD would be no need to copy a movie to the HD, and usually updates to the newer encryption faster. Neither one is that big of an issue IMO, but it might be to you?

10. Timm129

Timm129 Member

AnyDVD 4.6.1.2 should do it...... Try that version..

11. squizzle

squizzle Active member

yeah that's what I meant. 4.6.1.2

12. qzyl2m

qzyl2m Member

Goonerz, I just copied Saw today using only shrink.