1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter --- Hard drive---- PSP

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mat0tam, Feb 27, 2007.

1. mat0tam

mat0tam Guest

ok before i start ive tried reading guides and using the search etc, but i cant get a straight related answer

I ripped my dvd
    Got numerous files into the holder in my hard drive (d)

PROBLEM 1} all seem to be extras and commentry cant find the movie file,

PROBLEM 2} they are all in .VOB format apposed to the .INFO most peoples are

PROBLEM 3} Would psp video9 (videora) convert the main .VOB file if i found it?

and anything you know ive missed please help

THANX

2. mat0tam

mat0tam Guest

~No 1??~

3. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

If you've ripped the DVD to your hard drive with DVD Decrypter then all that's left is to burn. I'm assuming that's what you're trying to do.

"PROBLEM 1} all seem to be extras and commentry cant find the movie file, "

Sort the files by size. The main movie will be in the largest VOB set. But really, there's no need for you to locate which files are the main movie.

"PROBLEM 2} they are all in .VOB format apposed to the .INFO most peoples are"

VOB is the correct file format for the movie portion of your ripped DVD. The complete DVD will be ripped to VOB, IFO and BUP files. The video is in the VOB files.

"PROBLEM 3} Would psp video9 (videora) convert the main .VOB file if i found it?"

I don't know what software that is, doesn't matter anyway. If you're just trying to backup your movie you don't have to convert anything. Once Decrypter has ripped it to your hard drive then it's just a question of burning those files to DVD.

If the DVD files are less than 4.7 GB then you could just burn the files straightaway with Nero (or any burning program you like). Otherwise, launch DVD Shrink to reauthor or "shrink" the DVD to fit on a 4.7 DVD disk.

Here's a Shrink guide to give you the general idea:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

4. mat0tam

mat0tam Guest

Thanx for reply

ok sorry but im not trying to back my disks up.. lol

i maybe didnt make it clear

im trying to get a dvd to my psp

I sorted them by size but i cant find the main files they all seem to be commentry or extras :(maybe its disk 2 ill have to check and get back to you, but i cant remember it ever having 2 disks and it palys film on my comp through the disk)

THANX ne1 else know?

5. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

hi i have the same problem as this kiddie. i need to know how to convert the .vob's to mp4 format for the psp. any help please! thanks

6. mat0tam

mat0tam Guest

Hi well wen sum1 tells me how ill try nd tell u aswell.

?? Kiddie ?? lol

7. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

Don't you rekon kiddie sounds cool??? lol joking mate. :p :p

8. mat0tam

mat0tam Guest

A bit lol

dnt worry bout it lol