1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD decrypter-mode IFO, after decrypte why no bup file?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by mac_t13, Mar 5, 2010.

1. mac_t13

mac_t13 Regular member

I used Dvd decrypter to decrypt a DVD. But after decrypt I found that there are only IFO file and VOB file. Because I want to decrypt selected chapter so I click mode>IFO. without bup file can it be burn into dvd? Sometimes decrypt half way, prompt " data error (cyclic redundancy chk) failed to read". Does it means my disc problems?
    Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

If the error prevents ripping the disk, you can try changing the settings to increase the number or ignore totally (under the I/O tab in 'Settings'...
    Since DVD Decrypter is not current for newer DVD releases you may have to go with a different ripper.

IFO mode does not produce DVD compliant files.

You can load the VOB into the likes of DVD Flick and create a new DVD.
    Ensure that under 'Project' > 'Video' > 'Advanced' that 'Copy mpeg-2 streams' is checked - else the files will be recoded (assuming the running time of the project is not more than can be fitted on a standard blank).

Also, when in DVD Decrypter IFO mode, when you select the PGC, right click on it and opt for 'No file splitting'.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  3. scum101

scum101 Guest

obviously here is somebody who needs to get a modern ripper not some bloody antique..

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I think we need to have an official DVD Decrypter funeral, stickied on some page...full of "DVD Decrypter Error" threads...