1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd decrypter not up to speed

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by smyle1977, Oct 15, 2004.

1. smyle1977

smyle1977 Member

I am running decrypter 3.5.1.0 with a plextor burner with the newest firmware and verbatim digital movie 4x -R's. Up till now no problem. All of a sudden, when I"m trying to burn with the setting at 4x, the burner only goes to 2x, and the buffer underrun jumps around, where as before, it was a constant at 99 or 100. Can anyone help me figure out what's up?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. smyle1977

smyle1977 Member

Well, I owe you another one. I had to reinstall the driver to get it to change the dma, and the speed went back up. If you need help with 4" rigid, I'll return the favor!

4. Nephilim

4" rigid was a blast to bend! Big old Greenlee table bender and a lot of precision. I always liked bending the big stuff - you had to nail it right on because there's no tweaking rigid like you can EMT!

The part I hated about rigid was threading it. The actual threading was fine, it was that nasty smelly threading oil that I hated. There were never enough clean rags on the jobsite to get that crap off.

Ahhhh, nothing like the trades, eh? :)

5. smyle1977

smyle1977 Member

That's when it's nice to have an apprentice, or long arms to stand back from it!

6. Nephilim

So true :)