1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter - Problem recognising media

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wikid2005, Apr 2, 2005.

1. mrsbehave

mrsbehave Guest

Okay scuba pete,
    Or anyone else. Um, I just bought the CopyToDvd program and got the key code. Except there is no option to copy it in or anything. When i go and try to burn the dvd it pops up with the screen to try it for the trial phase or buy it and now it only gives me the option to buy it even though i already have. DUH! Help!
    Thanks

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Give their support line a "ring" they're very good at getting you going ~

Cheers

3. mrsbehave

mrsbehave Guest

So i got the Key code problem worked out. I keep getting error messages though for the dvd shrink. I think it may be because i have a virus on my computer but i'm not sure. Anyways, i am having fun burning, burning, burning...Thanks for the help.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Glad you're set . . .

Got to watch that virus stuff, always keep the AV software and the Fire Wall up, updated and running. It's the most important thing you can do.

Best of luck . . .

Pete

5. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Hey, Pete. I have a question for you. I am trying to back up family guide series. How can I get the menu's on there tried one with just main movie files, kinda neeed menu's for series though. When I try to do it in reauthor mode it won't let me? Say's use full disc mode ??? I have only done that for already dvd+r back ups. Thanks ---zen-->

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

DVDLab is excellent fot that -

You can make custom chapters directions i.e., "Play this now" - for video clips, slide showns etc. Check the web site that my guide is part of - FasFrank is super with that stuff and will guide you through personally - just check out the guides he has there and PM him - He's the best of the best, some excellent pple - You're in for a treat :)

Cheers,

Pete

7. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Well, thanks for the info. Right now I guess I will just use dvdxcopy. I know that is a four letterword around here, but it get's the trick done with menu's. My friend brought over his family guy series making a backup for him. What is so wrong with xcopy? Bad quality? So the softwareis outdated, I have never had any problems with quality. I use shrink decrypter 98% of the time, some movies that can't be done with shrink I have used xcopy as a back up. Well thanks I will check into the software you adviced, cheers ---zen-->

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Zen,

It isn't a 4-word thing - the quality was the same a Shrink was 2 years ago BUT now we can slow our encoding down and try to maintain a better quality picture with Shrink, Recode and Rrebuilder w/cce. While Rebuilder is about the best you can hope to achieve InterVideo's CopyDVD3, DVD2One are so very much better than XCpopy (which is still better than 1-Click DVD Copy).

As I said, To me, quality is THE thing. Control, second.

Burn on Zen, Burn on . . .

9. csc

csc Member

Hi Scubapete. Sorry to ask on this thread about a problem with intervideo dvdcopy 3. I've searched high and low for a forum on this software without luck. The Intervideo folk are well known for their lack of response when problems arise and hope you can be of help as I've heard that you're the expert with this program. For some reason I seem to loose all ac3 5.1 audio when attempting back up The Green Mile. This problem has occurred with other movies too, but not all. I've also had problems with my dvd player reading the backed up copy too. This is the first time I've ever had any problems with any of my many back ups. I only back up the main movie for quality reasons. I very much like dvdcopy 3 for the time it saves, and the brilliant picture quality. Do you know of any problems intervideo has been having with this software of late? Many thanks in advance........

10. csc

csc Member

Hi again Scuba Pete. I don't have any of the above problems when using other copy programs such as dvdfab, dvd2dvd-r/cce, dvd-rb/cce etc. The problem only applies to dvdcopy 3. I also uninstalled and downloaded it again in case there was a problem with my download. It made no difference. The same problem still existed. I also use the latest release Anydvd and good quality media that I've never had a problem with before.I keep my system in tip top condition, and hardly ever have any problems. The version dvdcopy 3 I have is version 3.0B16.19C00. Do you know of any known bugs or problems with this version or what my problem may be?
    Many thanks once again...

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

HiCsc,

To tell you the truth, I haven't had any problem with that proggy BUT I'll atempt to duplicate it -

What other DVD's have you had this trouble with ?

I don't wish to aquire the Green Mile for just this problem. I have enough movies that if you can give me one or two others, I may well have them (Lol).

Cheers,

Pete

12. csc

csc Member

Hi again ScubaPete. Sounds like you enjoy backing up your movies to dvd too! Hahaha. I've also had problems with Narc and Fight Club to mention a few. The problem only exists with Dvdcopy 3. As I mentioned in my previous post, I have many other programs that I use and have no problems with them at all. I usually lean towards dvd-rb/cce combo, but they can be time and cpu intensive when I'm flat out on the pc. Dvdcopy 3 gives me a excellent back up (when it words properly that is) in less that a quater of the time needed of the above, and is by far my second preference of the copy programs. Dvdcopy 3 has given me cronic heartburn to say the least.
    Thanks for your reply, and keep up the great work. You assistance and advice is very much appreciated.

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I havbe NARC and did it on CopyDVD3 with no prob. ??

Will keep trying . . .

14. csc

csc Member

Hi again mate.
    Sorry for the late reply as I suspect I'm at the other end of the globe to most of you people. I'm still having the same problem with Idvdcopy 3, as do others. I couldn't possibly tear out anymore hair than I have as I have hardly any left!
    My main problem is with the Green Mile. Perfect picture, no sound.
    Checking some forums I've found others having the same problem, but unfortunately no solution.
    Here is a one, http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t266380.html with the same so to prove I'm not alone or going mad.
    Perhaps someone else at AD may have a solution, as I haven't a clue and just about given up now.
    Take care....

15. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Looking into the symptoms, it sounds like you've deleted the AC3- 2-ch, AC3-Dolby 5.1 and left the AC3- DTS sound. If you don't have a Digital amp OR if you're not running the signal through a Digital amp you'll get no sound at all EXCEPT the THX Demo, trailers etc. A digital is separate from anything else and without it, you'll hear no sound.

That was the answer all along. The main movie has no sound BUT if you backed up the full movie, the sound that wasn't digital would play.

The big question for you and those in VideoHelp, why didn't you contact InterVideo for help with your "Problem".

BTW, I did Pirates of the Caribbean with DVDCopy3 without a problem.

Cheers,

Pete

16. csc

csc Member

Hi again ScubaPete. I keep most of the sound when I back up a Dvd. Ac3 2 ch and Ac3 5.1 Dolby. I don't have a digital amp and dont bother with DTS. The Green mile only has Ac3 5.1 Dolby anyway. I delete all subscripture too as I have no need for it. I've also tried to back up the entire disk to make sure I haven't deleted something thats needed. I contacted Intervideo about the trial version I downloaded but have had no reply from them. I've had the problem on a few demo versions downloaded over the past year or so, and this the reason I haven't purchased it yet. I cant see the value in purchasing something that doesn't work for me. It's a shame really, as it's by far the best program around next to dvd-rb/cce.
    CSC..

17. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

csc,

That's not a Demo anymore that's a "hijacked" proggy and you have no right to complain. They give you enough time to decide if you wish to buy it - using "few" demos, you don't deserve support. We who have purchased the proggy haven't had issue with it and their support is fine for legit copies.

Sea Yaaa
    aaaaaaaa,