1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter Read error, Please help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Raptorman, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Raptorman

Raptorman Guest

While ripping a DVD (Back to the Future 2) with DVD Decrypter I get a I/O error at 20% and the following message comes up

I/O error
    ASAPI SRB Status:0X04
    Interpretation SRB completed with error

Host Adapter Status:0X00
    Interpretation Host Adaptor did not Detect an Error

Target Status:0X02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

and then a whole bunch of numbers, I know the condition is fine because I gave the DVD to friend to see if he could rip it with Decrypter and he no problems. I've Tried using all the different ASAPI and ASPI Adaptors and still I get the same message. What Could be the problem, this is the second time in about 25 backups that this has happened. If I tick ignore read errors will the DVD still play fine? Someone Please help me.

2. Raptorman

Raptorman Guest

Does anyone have any idea? I would really appreciate some help.

3. malum

malum Regular member

Dirty lens?
    Need to reinstall ASPI layer?
    Buggered drive?
    Scratched disc that your drive is less able to read than your friends drive?

4. alntht

alntht Guest

The above sounds like a good place to start. Might want to reinstall DVD Decrypter. Might just want to use DVD Shrink. Sometimes if the moon is in the right section of the sky and your feet are correctly spaced apart, things work better...

5. daknotty

daknotty Guest

Yeah, I'm having the same read problem with DVD Decrypter on the movie "IN TOO DEEP".
    My error occurs at 76%. I am only having the problem with this one movie. I'v tried on both my DVD ROM and DVD Burner and get the same read error msg at the same 76%. This movie even has error probs when using DVD Shrink. Any one have any ideas why?? No other DVD's ever gave me this problem.

6. malum

malum Regular member

It's damaged

7. robbice

robbice Member

The fil is what lies beneath and also for me there is a problem for the ripping wuth dvd decrypter. It's stop at 40 % for an error due to the css protection.
    Can anyone explain me where I miss?
    Obviously i'm a newbie, newbie newbie!!!!

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member