1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter slow read rate

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by nicknjess, Jun 14, 2005.

1. nicknjess

nicknjess Member

I have been using DVD Decrypter for some time but I have never run in to this problem before. I have been using all of the default settings and usually my read rate speed is around 4-8x, and sometimes up to 11x. Now every time I go to decrypt the speed locks in at 2x or less. Any ideas why??

2. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

3. nicknjess

nicknjess Member

hmm, using iso read mode. Is there something I should change in the settings?

4. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

No I'm talking about DMA and PIO transfer modes for your IDE channels. Open Control Panel, click on system, hardware, device manager, IDE ADA/ATAPI Controllers, now you need to know were your burner is installed, primary or seconary, master or slave. I'll assume it's secondary, click on secondary, advanced settings, now look at the current transfer mode, is it DMA or PIO?

5. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

6. nicknjess

nicknjess Member

Thanks for the advice, I just checked that and it is in DMA mode. If that's not the problem and the DVD Decrypter setting are fine, I wonder if it could be a burner problem. I'm using a PLEXTOR PX-712A and have only had it for a few months, so I don't know.

7. nicknjess

nicknjess Member

I went ahead and reinstalled the device, and sure enough that fixed the problem. Thank you both for the help.