1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD DeCrypter Tracking Servo Error (Costing me loads of discs) HELP!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Shaun2209, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Shaun2209

Shaun2209 Guest

I've been getting the above error message quite reguarly now when burning using DVD Decrypter and its proving quite costly in terms of producing coasters.

Why is this happening?

Thanks.

2. Shaun2209

Shaun2209 Guest

Forgot to mention, I'm leaving for work shortly but I will reply to hopefully any and all replies I receive sometime later this evening.

Thanks.

Shaun.

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

What brand of disc's are you using?

A Tracking Servo Error can be caused by a failing burner, but is much more like to be caused by the disc's you are using. Either a bad brand of disc's or a bad batch of that brand. Burning at a slower speed might help. Also make sure that your burner and laser lens are clean. Get a CD/DVD lens cleaner disc.

4. sprawl1

sprawl1 Guest

you could always try saving it once coppied, then run the programe through shrink in the analysis section then burn using dvd shrink...

5. Shaun2209

Shaun2209 Guest

Hi Veblin,

At the moment I'm using Datawrite Red DVD-R 4x (V3). I've never had problems like I'm having now with these. The first batch I had, I didn't produce a single coaster out of a tub of 25.

However, on the results I had with the first batch I recently started a new batch, and the first 6 I've used have all produced coasters by way of the servo error. So as you say, it could be that I've got a bad batch.

By the way, is there any way you can tell for sure if the burner is on its way out?

Thanks.

Shaun.

6. Shaun2209

Shaun2209 Guest

Hi sprawl1,

I tried this, I first ripped the original disc in file mode with DVD Decrypter. Then burned the resulting files to a blank disc using the same program. Still produced the same result.

By the way, I wasn't aware you could actually burn using DVD Shrink.

Thanks anyway.

Shaun.

7. zippyd

zippyd Active member

You can't.

You can only do the auto burn thing with nero, decrypter, or copy to dvd.