1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD DECRYPTER??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by whyme, Feb 7, 2003.

1. whyme

whyme Member

Hi I used the program DVD Decrypter. It allowed me to copy my dvd onto my harddrive w/o a problem. Now I want to burn it to a dvd but I can't find the .dvd extension file. I am using a SONY DRU-500A The decrypter software supposed to allow me to burn it from harddrive to the dvd. On the Afterdawn site it tells me that I need ASPI from ahead nero. What would this allow me to do? How can I get it? Thanks

2. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

you have to install nero to get the ASPI layer you need

3. whyme

whyme Member

I have nero installed unless i need to reinstall it. now when i install it do i have to do anything? the dycrypter is what is going to burn it i don't understand what nero is gonna do? i have ahead nero express.

4. whyme

whyme Member

What is the exact program from Nero that I need to DL? Thanks alot and any other info I might need Thanks

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

In order to burn files with DVD Decrypter, you need to rip the movie in ISO format. Look at our DVD-5 to DVD-R guide from our article page:

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/

6. whyme

whyme Member

I have read the guides but I don't understand that DVD Decrypter gives options to burn a dvd so why won't it burn it? It burns it to my harddrive but thats about it. I read that I need ASPI but how do I get it? Why would NERO give it if I am burning using dvd decrypter software? Can you explain how ASPI works? How can I get it to work for me thanks

7. dRD

Read the guide again and again. DVD Decrypter can only burn ripped DVD images, not if the DVD has been ripped in File or IFO mode.

8. whyme

whyme Member

I am sorry but It still doesn't explain my question. I decrypted it and was able to burn it to the hard drive. I can't find the file with the .dvd extension at the end. Also I need to get an ASPI and I would like to know exactly how to get one. I heard about nero does that mean I need to dl the nero dvd burning software and once I dl it then I can burn me dvd from my harddrive to a dvd in the nero program? Thanks alot

9. whyme

whyme Member

Ok I just dl ahead nero and also the aheadnerovision express. Now what do I need to look for to get the ASPI file? thanks. If just by dl these 2 programs does it mean I have ASPI? If so should I redecrypt my dvd onto the HD again? Thanks

10. dRD

*sigh*...

That's because you haven't ripped the DVD correctly, according to the DVD-5 to DVD-R guide. Before you rip the file, you need to select the image mode -- this will rip the movie into one huge .dvd file and wont have anything else. Then you burn the .dvd file with image to DVD-R feature in DVD Decrypter. Read the guide. Again.

11. onlyone

onlyone Guest

Just downloaded decrypter and copydvdpro. put in iso read; file size showing up is the size of the actual dvd, not the file(s) on it; during decrypt at last 10% get error that sectors are unreachable.

12. whyme

whyme Member

I used the dvd decrypter and was able to burn a dvd successfully to my hd now when I go to burn it to a dvd i get an I/O error Device: { SONY DVD RW DRU-500A 1.0e (F:) ScsiStatus: 0x02 Interpretation: Check Condition CDB: 53 00 00 00 00 00 3E D5 CC 00 Interpretation: Reserve Track Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 12 00 00 00 00 2400 Interpretation: Invalid field in CDB This is the error I got and I don't understand what is wrong

13. SpannerBr

SpannerBr Member

What media are you using?

I had a few Monarch DVDs which produced a similar error.
    Bulkpaq's all seemed to work ok though.

14. whyme

whyme Member

I am using DVD-R for general Hypermedia for data 4.7GB

15. whyme

whyme Member

I don't think its the media what else could it be?

16. whyme

whyme Member

wELL i found out that it was the media that I was using b/c they are layered and the 4.7g media that I use won't fit t but what programs are out there that will allow me to burn it w/o a problem? Nero gives me trouble. Any other ideas. Thanks

17. tnt522

tnt522 Member

whyme
    i think your best bet would be to use this guide
    http://www.geocities.com/seamonkeyguides/dvdindex.html
    this is without a doubt the easiest guide to follow, download all required software and follow the steps, did everything right and had a backup in no time
    also make sure you are using a ntfs operating system

18. whyme

whyme Member

What is NTFS? I am using XP.

19. -JHS-

-JHS- Member

20. dRD

NTSC is a TV format. NTFS is a hard-drive formatting type that NT/2k/XP can use and that allows files over 4GB.