1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by june_bugg, Dec 27, 2003.

1. june_bugg

june_bugg Guest

help i got a new dvd burner for christmas and i was trying to back up a dvd using dvd decrypter.
    i followed to the letter the steps used in this guide...http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/small_dvd_2_dvdr.cfm

while in the writing stage i got an error something to the effect....invalid or incorrect format ???

will someone please help this newbie

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

In DVD Decrypter (4.36Gb or under)

MODE tab > ISO Read > ISO Write (is as simple as that)

If your new burner goes at a max speed of X4 say , then try setting DVD Decrypter to X2 burn speed & see if that aides successful write.

If you are still having troubles , then try posting all details & I'll be glad to help : )

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

P.S. I have just read something on that guide for DVD Decrypter you gave in original post & that is
    Are you running WinXP on NTFS june_bugg ?

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi june_bugg,
    Mr. Decrypter is still working on getting his program to work in more burners, open Decrypter> help> homepage.
    You are limited to backing up DVD5 movies that are less than 4.36 gig in size with decrypter, is that what you are trying to do?
    You could try some other programs that may work a little easier for you.
    CloneDVD will compress and burn a DVD9 movie and it has a free 30 day trial. Just run your movie through Decrypter in file mode and let CloneDVD compress and burn it for you.
    Most of us here have a bunch of different programs on our computers, Generally a program like DVD2one or DVD Shrink to decrypt and compress (rip) and a program to write to the disc (burn) like Nero or Burnatonce.
    A good place for newbies to go is over to the DVD-R for newbies forum, lots of help to be found there. :D

When you come back, tell us about your new burner and about your computer. Let us know what you are trying to back-up. What kind of media are you using?
    It's so cool to burn your first DVD. It seems really hard at first but once you get familiar with the programs it becomes easy. Any questions you might have can be answered here!

Best wishes,
    Frank