1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by RizwanP, Jan 23, 2004.

1. RizwanP

RizwanP Guest

I have tried many things in order to Decrypt a DVD (Bad Boys II). DVD Decrypter never displays an error but after ripping, some of the VOB files do not contain any audio (some do). I have tired both IFO and File modes. I have even tried running it in conjuction with softwares like DVD43 and AnyDVD in the background. I must be missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ThanQ.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Did you burn it or play it on PowerDVD and see if the audiio failed? I'm just thinking that it might be OK. Was it the big "main movie" VOBS missing the audio?
    I used Shrink and Nero with no problems on this movie.

3. RizwanP

RizwanP Guest

It was the main title -- the one PGC that is autodetected by DVD Decrypter. The destination folder contains several VOBS: Using PowerDVD I verified that some VOBS from the destination folder contain video&audio but some VOBS only play video.

DVD Shrink (with AnyDVD in the background) results in the same. I have not yet checked Nero. Did you use Nero's "remake DVD" option?

ThanQ.

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Did you rip the whole DVD with Decrypter (File mode)? I ripped it all (I always do) and chose 'Movie Only' with IC8, no problems.

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

This was the second movie I did using Shrink 3.1.3. Shrink Auto burned it so I didn't get to see much of the process.
    When I use Decrypter to rip a movie I just do what MysticE does, the whole thing in file mode. I then use Recde 2 to compress, author and burn. No probs.

MysticE, IC8...is that Pinnacle? Do you have to create an image to burn?

Frank

6. createdis

createdis Guest

I'm having problems backing up my DVD anime. I have a I/O Magic DVD dual +-R/RW as a burner. I also use memorex dvd+r. which is better to use in backing up dvd's is it dvd+r or dvd-r? oh! and i alredy used dvdxcopy platinum and instant cd+dvd that came with the burner.

7. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Yes, InstantCopy 8. No image/ISO/PDI needed, I always burn straight to disc. It may be slow but it sure produces great video quality.

8. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Either format should be OK. You didn't say what problems you are having. You might want to try DVD Shrink (free) as there are many guides out there and lot's of people use it who are more than willing to help out.

http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/