1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by radar747, Oct 11, 2004.

1. radar747

radar747 Member

I was wondering what I am doing wrong? i have followed the guide to DVD decrypter to the T, but on the third page were it says burn the image to dvd, it says to locate the file with the extension .DVD. I am not getting that anywhere on my hard drive. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, you guys are real informative. I feel like I have done a lot of research, but can not find this answer.

2. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

-Hell I always chose .ISO to burn DVD in DVD Decrypter and it has allwas works for me.I have never used the.DVD files (I don't recall ever seeing them) My File system is ntfs and that might be why .dvd is new to me?

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

radar, Decrypter has 3 modes, file, ifo, and iso. It can only burn iso files. So, you must rip and burn(read and write) in iso. However if the files are over 4.37g then you must use another program to edit/re-author and/or compress, like shrink 3.2.

Since few movies are under 4.37 you will have to use a combination of 2 programs to backup a movie. :>)

shrink 3.2 is also free and ther are guides for both here in aD>

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  4. radar747

radar747 Member

I am aware of the restriction on size. I know that I am burning and writing in ISO mode, yet after reading in ISO mode, I get one file that says "DVD_VIDEO" and the other that says "DVD_VIDEO.MDS". It only allows me to select the .MDS file, but am having no luck burning that way. What should I do??? Thanks, Mike