1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decryptor now automatically opening treating data disc as iso

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by generalno, Dec 15, 2005.

1. generalno

generalno Member

I just burned a backup of files as a dvd data burn using nero vision suite. Because Nero doensnt clearl state when its open what aspect of the suite or version is open, all i know is the suite as a whole has nero vision express 2, though i think i used a differernt aspect when burning the data backup burn.

Anyway, the burn was successfully burned as a dvd data disc, with verification at end successful as well.

However, when i clicked on my computer and then the dvd burner drive to view and open test the files myself, as soon as i click the drive to view the files , instead of opening the disc to view files the DVD Decryptor automatically loads / opens. I can right click and select explore to view the files, but it shouldnt be interfering and stopping me from normally simply right clicking the dvd drive to view and use the files like normal!

Anyone know why this is happening, and how to fix it?

I have a windows xp pro, sp2 machine. A Memorex dual layer dvd burner.

I had been using dvd decyrptor ealier to burn iso files to dvds, but not for this dvd and it SHOULD NOT be interfering with other projects like this data disc! But it seems to have claimed it in some indirect, halfhearted way?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I think this is because of these Things....

Firstly You aren"t Supposed to Burn ISO Files as a Plain Data Disk because if you do the DVD will Just Have an ISO File on it that will not be Readable unless you use a Program that Reads ISO Files Like DVD Decryptor which is Probably Why DVD Decryptor is Opening it...

You can tell if you Burned the ISO to Disk Incorrectly By Right Clicking the Drive with the Disk in it and going to "Explore" and If what you see is a ISO File instead of the Data inside the ISO file then you Burned the Disk in the Wrong Format.....

The Correct way to Burn an ISO file to DVD is to Run "Nero Burning Rom" (Not Vision Express) and go to "Recorder" to "Burn Image" and then Select your ISO File and then Burn it (at the Slowest Speed Possible ,That is if you want the DVD to play in a DVD Player) and then after you will be able to access the Files on the Disk as Opposed to just the ISO file....

Cheers