1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd decryptor???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bmcd7357, Jan 12, 2005.

1. bmcd7357

bmcd7357 Guest

Hi there everyone!!!! I'm a brand newie to burning dvd's and just got a question after reading heaps of theads. I followed the guide to dvd shrink to back up my first dvd today. It all worked fine and i was very happy. Then i started reading threads here..... The way i copied it was by using dvd shrink to create an ISO file to the hard drive. I then made a data disk using my dvd burning software (sonic record dx) by putting the ISO file created on my hard drive by dvd shrink onto a DVD-R disk and it worked fine in my home dvd player. Does that all make sense lol?

Now i was wondering is this an ok way to burn? why does everybody use dvd decrypter??? should i be using it?

oh also with regards to copywrite etc, i read a few threads that said thing like 20th century fox logo may come up on burnt DVD's or other little things. Is there a way of checking this before u burn the DVD without having to watch it all on my computer before i burn to see if it is ok? ie is there somesort of quick check or program that checks it for u??

Thanks for your help!!!! there questions are probably dumb and already answered but any info from anyone would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Cheers!!!

2. hursty

hursty Active member

people use dvd decrypter because its very easy to use,its free,can be used with dvd shrink and amongst other reasons can be used to decrypt movies that shrink cannot handle.there is nothing wrong if you use other software,just a matter of choice.

3. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Slysoft AnyDVD is an excellent program, it runs in the background and removes most dvd protection. well worth the money.
    I like DVDshrink with Nero as the default burner, others prefer a Shrink/Decrypter combination. If the DVD you're burning is group 5 (under 4.35 gigs) You can rip and burn with DVD Decrypter.

Lots of choices lots of guides, happy burning.

gringle

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2005