1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Decypter keeps freezing at 22%

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by benfica1, Dec 11, 2004.

1. benfica1

benfica1 Member

Hi I am not sure if this is in the correct forum or not.
    The problem is when I rip the dvd to my hard drive its fine but when I come to burn the file to a disc, dvd decrtpter freezes at 22%. It doesn't just happen with the same film either its now done it with 2 different films.
    I am at a loss as to why??
    I have reinstalled too and its still the same. I don't get any error message, the write rate goes down and is at 0kb's.

Anyone got any ideas at all
    Many thanks in advance

Jane

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello benfica1, what media are you using and how fast are you trying to burn?

3. benfica1

benfica1 Member

Hi I have been using imation dvd+r and also ricon gto4(i think)the purple dye. I have backed up about 30 dvd's with these all using decrypter and its been fine up until wednesday when it started freezing. I haven't made any changes either to my pc.
    I have been burning at max speed,
    Any ideas??
    Thanks saugmon.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello again benefical, what model of burner? I don't know what your top speed is. You could try slowing it down if it is over 4x. I am not into decrypter very much but this info will help in case the pro's are watching.Download http//www.dvdinfopro.com and tell us the code of your discs.Are you using any other programs along with dvd decrypter?Is this issue only on those 2 films? bye

5. benfica1

benfica1 Member

Thanks saugmon. I have sorted the problem, I have an emprex x8 dvd rewriter, it needed updating, I did that and burnt again and since that I have burnt 3 discs at max speed and had no more problems.
    I can't believe how much quicker my burns are now.
    Thanks for your help.

Jane