1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decypter

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by NeoRio, Mar 3, 2005.

1. NeoRio

NeoRio Member

Hello everyone. I've recently encountered a problem with dvd decypter where it takes about three times the amount of time that it's taken in the past (from around 10 minutes to about 30 minutes) for me to burn files to disk. Not too long ago, I experienced the same problem with DVD shrink, but I was able to fix it by going into the Device Manager and changing the "transfer mode" of my "Primary IDE Channel" to "DMA" after it was automatically set to "PIO Only" by my PC as a result of the program incurring errors. Upon experiencing the problem that I've been having with DVD Decypter, I thought that I could fix it by going through the same process that I did to fix DVD Shrink, so I went into the Device Manager to check the "transfer mode" of my "Primary IDE Channel," so that I could change it to "DMA" from "PIO Only" however, this is not the problem. The "Primary IDE Channel" was still set to DMA, and I don't know where to go from here, so if there's anyone out there who could give me some helpful advice on how to go about fixing this problem, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your advice in advance.

2. NeoRio

NeoRio Member

You know what guys? The problem is in fact related to the transfer mode of an IDE Channel being changed to PIO Mode by my PC. The first time that I had checked the IDE Channel, I had checked the Primary one only and not the Secondary one, which is where the problem was at, so everything is fine now.