1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD DL

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dameat, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Dameat

Dameat Member

Ok I know dvd-9 are 4.7gb. ok and the new dvd dl are 9.5gig, what i want to do is it possible to put 2 movies on one disk. Example Rush Hour 1 and 2 on one disk. SO when you put the dvd in your player you have your Screen Selection with Rush Hour 1 on the left side and Rush Hour 2 on the Right side. Is this possible yet?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Dameat, welcome to AD!

A DVD-9 is about 7.95 to 8.5 Gb, depending on who you ask. The new dl DVD media hold about the same and are considered to be DVD-9 as well. A DVD-5 is about 4.36 Gb, even though it says 4.7 Gb on the wrapper.

There is no reason you could not put two movies on the disc and set up a menu screen just like you want it. You will just need to use the correct authoring program to create the menu. Programs such as TMPGEnc DVD Author, Nerovision Express, DVD Lab, and others are availible. All will create a menu. Getting two movies onto the disc will require some compression but not enough to be too concerned with. Don't try to put two Lord of the Rings flicks on one disc though. You could but I think the results would be, well,...kinda crappy.

Cheers,
    Frank