1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD drive Changes to CD Drive Please Help - Sony DW-Q120A

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by danieleli, Jan 7, 2007.

1. danieleli

danieleli Member

I have a Sony DVD + - RW drive that I have burned dvd's with many times. Out of nowhere today I went to burn a dvd with it and when I put the blank dvd in it the "DVD Drive (F:)" changed to "CD Drive (F:)." It won't let me burn a DVD or anything. I have read a few other posts about this and none of them have helped. One of the guys said I should get windows Vista. I don't have it and I am not going to buy it just to be able to do something that I have done before. If anyone has any thoughts on this I really need to hear them. I am stumped right now. Thank you all.

2. onya

onya Guest

danieleli, This happened to me also with my Pioneer brand, For me it was an easy fix, hope for you also. Double check that no software settings have been changed. Sounds silly but a simple check or uncheck of a box can make all the difference. One last thing, get a good brand of dvd cleaner(usually a CD disc) and run that through a couple of times. It worked for me.

See how you go

Cheers.