1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd drive freezes while ripping

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by bilscrobe, Dec 5, 2009.

1. bilscrobe

bilscrobe Regular member

Recently my DVD drive freezes during every application I use while ripping, and burning (shrink, nero, imageburn, clone cd, ect.) I can't think for the life of me what exactly I might have installed, or changed on my pc lately that could have caused this. I've never had a problem before and I'm pretty sure it's gotta have something to do with software on my pc as my cd-rom drive has the same trouble. Anyway what is happening, is the drive will read and rip for a handfull of seconds, sometimes a full minute at most, and then the read rate drops to zero, and the program I'm using freezes, and I can't even eject my disc after I end the program through task manager. Basically, I have to restart the computer, if I want to use the drive. I'm pulling my hair out, anyone have any ideas?

Bill

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

installed any games recently?

3. bilscrobe

bilscrobe Regular member

I did install Bionic commando, but it was an iso that I mounted through daemon tools. I ran a lens cleaner, and after I ran it, I had successfully ripped an iso image, I haven't tried it again, but I'm about to now, and see if maybe that was the problem all along perhaps?

That being said, what would you have suggested, had my problem been a newly installed game? Knowledge is power ya know.

Bill

4. bilscrobe

bilscrobe Regular member

Nope that wasn't the fix I was hoping it was, I really should have know that to begin with, as my other dvd rom drive is having the same problem too. I can't think of anything else that I had installed recently.

5. Katie09

Katie09 Guest

Maybe the DVD itself has a lot of bad sectors which are hard for your drive to read. Did the problem happened on a certain DVD or all DVDs?

6. bilscrobe

bilscrobe Regular member

No, it's all of them. It's gotta be some kind of software glitch, as I can't imagine both my drives having the same problem show up at the same time.