1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD drive not reading

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by KurtK614, Apr 8, 2007.

1. KurtK614

KurtK614 Member

Hey. I attempted to burn a dvd onto a disc via Nero. I've done this before no problem. But this time for some reason, My computer isn't reading my E: drive (DVD drive) Any thoughts??? thanks

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Is not reading the drive at all no matter what you stick in it? Also what other programs are you using?

3. KurtK614

KurtK614 Member

No matter what disc i put in, it doesn't read. Even games. It will just prompt me to Insert Disc even though it's in. ??? Any thoughts?

KK

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Did you reboot the PC and try it again? Sometimes doing a reboot and disconnecting the power cord during the process for a minute or so gets the system straightened back out.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try uninstalling the drive and then reboot the computer. Windows will automatically install it on restart. Also again what other software are you using? AnyDVD by chance?

6. KurtK614

KurtK614 Member

Sorry bbmayo yes AnyDVD of course. But i've always used it in the past with no problems... I did try to reboot already but didn't try to uninstall the driver. That's if it will even allow me to uninstall. I'll let you know that's Pacman and bbmayo

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try un-installing AnyDVD and see if that works, I have a feeling it will AnyDVD has been doing this more and more lately to people. The program acts as a driver and can make your drive useless at times. You probably have yours set to start when ever windows starts up. I disable that feature and only fire it up when I am going to use it which is never anymore because I use DVDFab Decrypter instead. I don't like the way AnyDVD works really and I know a lot of people here swear by it, but I just prefer DVDFab Decrypter to rip the movie to hard drive as it doesn't interfere with anything else or conflict like AnyDVD has been prone to do.

8. KurtK614

KurtK614 Member

Thanks bbmayo will try and let you know. At work right now... will try tonight.

KK

9. KurtK614

KurtK614 Member

Uninstalled AnyDVD rebooted... didn't work
    Uninstalled DVD drive rebooted and still reads...
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Tried to search for solutions... nothing.
    Tried to check for possible updates... nothing

I'm trying microsoft right now

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Do you have any batch writing software that might interfere with the drive? Nero InCD, Roxio Drag to Disc and similar software can cause problems like this sometimes. If nothing along those lines, what operating system are you using? Windows is plug and play and has drivers for optical drives. I've installed all kinds of drives and not had to install special drivers for them. It's looking like Windows may have become corrupted. Did you try going through the Device manager and updating the driver from the OS installation disc, that is if you have one?