1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD DRIVE Problem

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Greatnate, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Greatnate

Greatnate Guest

Couple months back I asked for help with a Hp Laptop that had a "TOSHIBA ODD-DVD SD-6252 Burning DVD rom drive. I was unable to burn the newer blank disk. Somebody answered and said to place a patch and it would fix it.....I did and it worked.

However, today I bought some new blank DVD disk and tried to burn something and was meet with an error........(My computer read the disk as "Single session (with Mode 1 data), 1 session(s), 1 Track(s), recordable"....BUT...When I hit burn it would says please place a blank DVD+R,DVD+RW disk in drive and kicks out the one in there.

The only difference in these blank disk are "Write speed 16x" instead of "Write speed 4x"..... (Same brand MEMOREX)

My question is do I need another patch and if so where and how do I find it? NATHAN

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Nathan, Memorex is probably the last media that I would use. Try Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.

3. Greatnate

Greatnate Guest

I tried Sony blank disk and had the same problem....please help.

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Read my last post.

5. Greatnate

Greatnate Guest

Sorry but I'm need to be lead by the hand. What do you mean by Verbatim and Taiyo yuden? And where can I get it?