1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Drive Will not Eject

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by JRottn, Jun 12, 2007.

1. JRottn

JRottn Member

If anyone could give into some insight to my problem. i have a dvd cdr burner that likes to hold on to my discs. i can eject disc at boot and windows startup. but after startup, i am allowed one eject, and the cd stays in until next reboot. this is some sick joke.

tried doing software eject and will not work. otherwise the drive seems to be doing just fine. i am not using any special software to burn cds.

right now im suspecting hardware malfunction, who knows maybe its a windows thing.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

To get a disc out, without rebooting, you can use a paperclip and insert it in the tiny hole, on front of the drive, and give a little forceful push. Not too hard though. That should make it open. But, I know you don't want to do that all the time. You can also try this:

Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.

If that doesn't fix it, you may have a hardware problem. You can buy DVD Roms now days for less than $20. See here:
    http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=55&name=CD-DVD-Drives
    Good luck.

3. JRottn

JRottn Member

Thanks for the tips. funny thing, i just installed ut2004 with 6 cds.

4. JVC

JVC Active member

ut2004?