1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Drive wont read a certain format.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by kollision, May 15, 2007.

1. kollision

kollision Regular member

I figure Id post this here since more pros might be here. Its for my drive that reads XBox discs.

It works randomly off and on. When it doesnt work (which is 80% of the time Ive tried), XBox Backup Creator hangs when it tries to read the disc. After a couple of minutes the system unfreezes but I still cant backup the disc, its just greyed out.

Ive changed IDE channels, changed it from Master to Slave, etc. but its still doing this to me. Been searching everywhere but seems that Im the only one with this problem. It reads other media fine, like DVDs, and even Backed Up XBox 360 discsm but wont read my original XBox discs. Also tried Schtrom and it says its not an "valid XBox disc".

When it does work, it makes flawless backups. Ive reflashed the Kreon .81 but still the same thing.

2. kollision

kollision Regular member

sorry, wrong forum by accident. Is it possible that it can be moved to the DVD section?