1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Drive wont recognise any discs PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by danni01, Nov 2, 2004.

1. danni01

danni01 Member

Hi, i have an LG GSA-4120B. it just wont load up any discs. Any1 know what this could be? the only thing ive done recently is deleted a few programs off my computer for a clean up that i no longer need. Perhaps ive deleted something accidently but no idea what it could be. i dont delete things that i dont know of.

When i put a disc in the drive it flashes as normal as you close the drive but wont read any disc or doesnt attemp to. i go to D:\ but says nothing is in there.

Could anyone give me any ideas, it would be much appreciated? thanks you!!

2. SjRick

SjRick Member

I own three LG DVD burners and i am running into the same trouble,, i cant get my computer to read the cd contents,, plus i am having trouble burning simple data cds. I dont know what it is,, but its driving me nuts

3. danni01

danni01 Member

hi. well ive just contacted the computer place who built my computer for me and they said that some LG's were faulty. mine still being under warranty so theyre gonna replace it and give me a different brand now. Good luck with yours.
    :)

4. SjRick

SjRick Member

Do you know the model numbers of the faulty LG burners? i happen to have three different models and im on New Egg right now about to buy a new one,,obviously not an LG but perhaps a sony. Please let me know if you happen to get those numbers,, thanks man

5. thebigbos

thebigbos Member

I had the same problem with my drives.. One is a Aopen combo and the other one is a 4082B Lg drive. I flashed both drives and my Bios,, I could read a disk if I started the pc with a cd in the drive. Just for interest sake I use Intel(R) Desktop Board D865GBF based system..[boldMaybe it’s the Intel board[/bold]..

6. danni01

danni01 Member

Im not exactly sure which LG's were faulty except for LG GSA-4120B. i bought mine in July 2004. and stuffed already. hopefully have a new one soon, but not keen on getting another LG.
    Any1 know which is a GOOD brand to get???

7. SjRick

SjRick Member

i just was on Newegg.com and picked out a new model BENQ DW1620 16x burner. It has a year warranty and it burns both DVD-R and DVD+R at 16 speed.. fastest speed ive seen to date. it cots me $73.00 delivered to my door. not bad,, but the proof will come when i see what kind of work it does for me,, i will let you know next week. I have never heard of the brand but i did some research on their site. I figure i got a year warranty from the manufacturer,, so whats the harm in trying a new brand,

8. danni01

danni01 Member

hey, that sounds pretty good, might have a look myself. Can u let us know what its like. :)

9. SjRick

SjRick Member

sure will,, Newegg has tons of great stuff,, i bought all my LG drives from them along with mobo's, video cards, sound cards,,i love their stuff. The one thing to note about them is,, they only sell the things you are looking for. they DO NOT offer any technical help. So know what you want ahead of time and shop around for the best price and then come to newegg to see if they have it for less. I should get my new burner by wednesday so i will install it then and let you know how it works,,

what i also like to do is to test out the brand new burner on other systems to see how it works,, for example, i have 3 computers that work and 2 of them wont burn with the current burner. So if i install a brand new burner and it still wont work then i know its software related and not hardware related.I make sure i uninstall the current drive then install the new one. This is something ive always done to make sure it isnt the drive. Will let you know how it goes