1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD DTS5.1 to AC3 2ch while preserving the menus?

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by linkhyl, Dec 29, 2009.

1. linkhyl

linkhyl Member

Hi, I have a DVD that has the audio of the movie in a DTS 5.1 format and my DVD players wont play the audio format (the video works fine). Is there anyway I could convert that to the ac3 2ch, or whatever format that will most likely work, while preserving the DVD's menus, and then reburn the DVD so that it works exactly like the original (with same structure menus and animation and sound and all that) except the sound works for the movie?

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

3. attar

attar Senior member

I did this recently with a DVD movie - although I haven't come across a movie that did not have an AC3 complement to the DTS stream.

cyprusrom's links cover most of it - except that I started by demuxing the the movie using PgcDemux, then used DaudioK to convert the DTS to AC3.

PgcDemux is used to demux the movie in it's elements:video, audio, subs and the chapters information.

MuxMan to recreate the movie (including the subs and chapters but not the menu) with the new AC3 in place of the DTS.

VobBlanker to replace the original movie title with the new title generated by MuxMan.

I found that the longest single step was the audio conversion.

4. linkhyl

linkhyl Member

thanks, i will definately try this. does it preserve the menus tho?

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

It is supposed to preserve everything, just replace the audio.

I never tried to accomplish this task, but like attar suggested, and from what I found out, the hardest is converting the DTS.