1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Editing Software

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by topgazza, Dec 18, 2004.

1. topgazza

topgazza Member

I have some DVDs that were created on a Philips DVD Recorder. Can anyone recommend a program that will allow me to edit thses files please ?

2. towell

towell Member

Please be more specific!

What are you trying to do? If you need to edit the file and you only have the DVD, You need a DVD Ripper to copy the files to your HDD depending on what you what to 'edit, you'll need some Video Editing Software.

I'll be more specific when you post more informatioin about your problem.

3. topgazza

topgazza Member

OK.

My friend has given me a couple of programmes recorded on a Philips DVD recorder. However when I try Ulead Movie, DVD shrink, tMPG, Canopus they cannot either, understand the indexing so refuse to open the file or just fail to see it despite there being .IFO files.

Ulead comes close but not only fails to "Trim" the file but says that "ac3 Is not a supported audio format. Convert audio and try again"

I can do a straight copy of the disc but I want to remove the 2nd program which seems to follow on from the first despite showing on Power DVD as 2 files. I suspect it is all to do with the propriatory way the recorder copies, indexes and finalises the DVD.

What would be neat and I did have a program once (one that allowed me to join 2 AVI files into one)is to have the files in an edit program and cut out sections I don't want and re-record. It seems easy but none of the edit programs I have seem to like the format that comes off standalone DVD recorders

4. beomhar

beomhar Member

Can I ask which ripper would be best to gain access to the IFO files? Thanks

5. beomhar

beomhar Member

They were created with a Sony DVD Camcorder

6. topgazza

topgazza Member

If they are IFO files then DVD Shrink would read them and shrink them to fit on a single DVD...or Nero

7. Hotdog59

Hotdog59 Guest

I have found that the only way I can read a Philips DVD Recorder disc is it must only have one recording on it. If you put two or more recordings on a disc then Shrink will fail to read the disc and Decrypter will copy the disk but corrupt the VOB it creats. Only way I have found to get around is to copy the master to a RW DVD and put that disc back into the DVD Recorder. Use the Recorder menu to delete all but one of the programs on the disc then go back to the PC and Shrink should be able to read disc and copy to HDD. You will then have to copy the master again and delete the programs you have done and any others so only one is left on the disc. You will need to keep doing this until you have done them all. I use MPEGVCR to convert the VOB files to MPG files remembering to select Mpeg on the Audio tab within the options to convert the sound from AC3. I can then edit the Mpeg file with Pinnacle Studio 8 without any problems.

hotdog