1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd episodes to dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dalillady, Mar 1, 2007.

1. dalillady

dalillady Member

I purchased charmed season 1 on dvd,50 bux! I want to back it up because it costs so much,but I have tried for weeks and cant rip it,so I downloaded the season,but now I'm having trouble with the size of the files.I can only get 4 episodes onto one dvd,and I know more can get on there because there is only 2 discs with the whole season on it that I purchased.My question is,how can I do this.I tried dvd shrink,but it wont work because its not a dvd file.Can someone help please.

2. onya

onya Guest

To backup your DVD's, you will need more than shrink to do it.

Please use this LINK to an AD members site for software downloads and guides. (use the fourth one down). This is a freeware combo that works for many AD members. Once you have installed Ripit4me etc, your job just got easier. As for the download...............you have the original?

3. dalillady

dalillady Member

Yes I have the original season dvd.But I tried forever to rip it and copy,but its just not working.So I downloaded it,but of course,its in divx/avi format,there is no dvd files or anything like that so dvd shrink wont open it.I tried rip it for me,and it still didnt work,thats when I downloaded it.Then I tried to a software to convert from divx to dvd,and it seemed to be working,but I got so confused that I gave up and deleted the files and uninstalled everything lol.Is there anything simpler? If not I can try all that again with the download I guess.I just cant rip the dvd,neither can some friends of mine.Thanks for the reply.

4. onya

onya Guest

Have you tried using the software suggested by that link I gave you

EDIT: in bold.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2007
  5. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Just like Onya said, what programs have u tried?

If u just tried shrink then u should try either DVDFab or Ripit4Me becuz these will work if u dont have a bad(press) disk.

Also the reason why there is more than 4 episodes is becuz they are on a DVD-9 disk which holds double of a DVD-5, so unless u r burning them on DVD-9(Dual Layer) disks them i would suggest burning only three episodes per disk if u care about the picture quality.
    after u rip the original dvds u can just use shrink's re-author mode and select how many episodes u want.

edit-
    try this GUIDE for DVDFab to rip to the HD

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  6. dalillady

dalillady Member

Yes I tried ripit4me,it was so confusing,and it seemed to be working,but it took 3 hrs to do one episode!Thats when I got upset and just quit worrying about it.I figured the industry copy I purchased was on dvd 9,but I cant burn on a 9 I have a standard burner,so I have resigned to just having tons of dvds lying around,but its better than having to buy another copy if something happens,thanks guys!